Music Credits

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Music Credits

Postby kat » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:02 am

Hello,

since I found this forum I have seen so many wonderful and inspiring shows and one thing that has a big impact is the choice of music. Is it possible to give a credit at the end of the show to give the tittle and name of the artist?

Maybe there is a reason why this has not been suggested before, to do with copywright or something. I know there are song suggestion lists on the forum and I thought this may be a good idea. I have just viewed a show with the most beautiful haunting music, Gardens and Glass.

Warmest wishes,

Kat

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:21 am

I agree with you, Kat. We should all do it, and I think we often don't simply because we forget to. If we're going to use someone's copyrighted music, the least we could do is say whose it is.

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:03 pm

I tend to do it unless I don't know who the artist is, or the name of the song. I think all my shows have musical credits except Mushroom Canopy. That particular song was pulled from internet radio long time ago and I have no idea who did it. :oops:

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:34 pm

I think it gets left out because people don't think of it and if they do, it's extra work. I know I, for one, didn't think of it until I saw it done in someone else's show posted here.

Personally, I almost always incorporate a credits slide at the end with my name, reference to Photodex as the software and a list of the music tracks (often on a 2nd slide). The only time I leave it out is if I don't know the source or the source is one of the DJ tracks which I haven't quite figured out how to credit.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to Odds & Ends