Scanner woe

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:08 pm

Gee "That was Easy" he says pressing his "That Was Easy" button
from Staples (yes, I do have one of them :D ... it's a gadget isn't it ?)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:33 am

I should be embarrassed, but I'm not. Between relief and laughing at myself, there's no room for shame.

B.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:53 am

You only need to be embarrassed when you have done it to yourself for the third time :P

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

andy

Postby andy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:29 am

Nice to have a happy ending and I know that we can put yet another fix down to mikey.

andy

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:36 am

And they all rode off into the sunset, one of them getting hopelessly lost because she thought the sun sets in the east.

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:44 pm

Not sure if I have told this story on here before or not, but here goes.

Many years ago a call from the States, to the UK, concerned a piece of equipment that was not working.

'Is it switched on at the power switch on the back?', Was the question from the UK. 'Yes', was the reply.

To cut a long story short, I can't type quick :oops: , and after checking fuses etc, an engineer was finally dispatched from the UK to the States to fault find the equipment.

On arrival, he asked the same question, 'Is it switched on?'. 'Yes', was the answer, 'the switch is in the UP position'. To which the UK engineer replied, 'In the UK we have switches in the DOWN position to switch on'.

A little toggle of the switch and all was OK. A very expensive service call. I was that service engineer, my first, and quickest visit to the States.

Why do we speak the same language (just about) but so many things are different?

Brian

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:56 pm

Yes, there are some differences. Seems to me some of them involve trucks and trunks and headgear.

Most definitely, here in the States we'd consider "UP" a likely position for "ON," though we might not be sure because our light switches are sometimes installed upside-down by the man of the house and require study to figure out whether up is off or on and is it safe to stick our finger in the light socket. (No, it isn't, not even when we're sure the thing is switched off. I learned that one in a most shocking manner.)

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:24 pm

Oh its nice to see you have one of those husbands also. Up is down, down is up what difference does it make is his reply when he does it backwards! You got to love them.

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:36 pm

I did insist he switch the little tabs on faucets, the ones that display an H or a C. I knew which was hot and which was cold, but it just didn't seem right, you know?

Barbara

Previous

Return to Odds & Ends