Stealth curmudgeon and Hunnybear 12-step program progress?

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Honorary ProShow PHD

Stealth curmudgeon and Hunnybear 12-step program progress?

Postby Tarafrost » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:30 am

I've heard that some have been wondering where I've been lately.

I've just been busy with many other things. I'm the president and founder of a new Healthcare Integration startup company,
with our first contract (in rural Calgary), our first investor, and our first deadline (end of October implementation), so I've been kinda swamped with that effort. Have barely even pulled my camera gear out much these past months, but I did manage to get some good shots of Tsunami (the Jaglion) last week. Might even have a few that are portfolio-grade.

I've been checking in the forum a few times a week, but there hasn't been anything that has required a "curmudgeonly" smack upside the head <grins> so I haven't posted.

Can't remember the last time I fired up PSP to do some slideshow work...just too busy for that right now. Might ease up a bit in
November....when I'll have to do some photography work for Christmas prezzies.

Nice to know that the curmudgeon is missed. ;-)

Hey, Hunnybear.....how's your 12-step program to address your exclamation addition going?
:lol:

I did download and install 3.1 build 2010 yesterday. Installed over top of the old version like I always have (never had any trouble doing that here). Works fine...no problem with eval downgrades and such.

Now if only I could find more time for my photography work.... :(
....Andrzej (aka: the curmudgeon)

Tarafrost Photography: Specializing in Wild-Life
http://www.tarafrost.com

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:54 am

Hi, Andrzej. I believe I arrived after you went missing, and I considered holding up the curmudgeon fort, then decided to play nice for a while. If you don't find the time to show up periodically, I'll have no choice but to turn irascible. Every group needs at least one grump.

I visited your site and saw that you're an excellent animal photographer. I look forward to seeing more.

After my husband and a deer crossed paths in the middle of a road, he bought a Harley, figuring the noise would keep him safe from both deer and tigers. He hasn't seen any tigers since, and so he swears by the bike.

Anyway, hello.

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:23 pm

Barbara wrote:Hi, Andrzej. I believe I arrived after you went missing, and I considered holding up the curmudgeon fort, then decided to play nice for a while. If you don't find the time to show up periodically, I'll have no choice but to turn irascible. Every group needs at least one grump.

More curmudgeons are better than fewer! Welcome.

Though I do hang around all the time, even if I don't post for a while.

Barbara wrote:I visited your site and saw that you're an excellent animal photographer. I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks....if you want more pics, then going to the Bear Creek Sanctuary is worth a visit. As I had mentioned, I'm pretty swamped with work right now, so updates to the photo site might be a while. ;-(

Barbara wrote:After my husband and a deer crossed paths in the middle of a road, he bought a Harley, figuring the noise would keep him safe from both deer and tigers. He hasn't seen any tigers since, and so he swears by the bike.

I see tigers all the time. I wonder if it's because there are 6 bikes parked in my garage, 3 of them Harleys?

Postby nannybear » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:40 pm

Welcome back dude!!!! hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:42 pm

nannybear wrote:Welcome back dude!!!!

Never left...just haven't been posting much. ;-)

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:54 pm

I just spent a huge amount of time at the sanctuary, completely engrossed in it, and certainly understanding, not just the reason for its existence, but the kind of people who take such a job on as their own. We used to have a small sanctuary a few miles from where I live (very rural), and I loved going there to meet the newest members of the clan. A favorite of mine was Benny, the mountain lion, and another was Sarge, the tiger, who wreaked havoc as a youngster, stalking everyone and anything. They're all gone now because the people who devoted all their time and money to it didn't get enough donations, but they did manage to adopt out all their animals to other sanctuaries.

What or who is this WSPA? I gather they are some kind of activist group like PETA. I also gather that these groups are likely to get overly zealous to the point of causing indirect harm to the animals who would have nowhere good to go if it weren't for the sanctuaries.

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:09 pm

Barbara wrote:What or who is this WSPA? I gather they are some kind of activist group like PETA. I also gather that these groups are likely to get overly zealous to the point of causing indirect harm to the animals who would have nowhere good to go if it weren't for the sanctuaries.

That is exactly what they are. Urban idiots that don't have a clue how nature (or people for that matter) really works, and also people that have too much time on their hands.

I'm glad I've never met them in person. I would be likely to not be very polite, to put it mildly.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:20 pm

Some folks think if they spout a lot of words they've learned from someone else, then they're creating a difference in the world. What they're creating are lots of little black holes.

B.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:24 pm

Barbara wrote:What they're creating are lots of little black holes.

That about sums it up. But I would add that they're also holes....starting with an "A". ;-)

How someone can say they are advocates for animals and then recommend that such beautiful animals be euthanized is beyond me.

But it does reinforce my belief in humanity's overall stupidity some days. As is all the hot air being thrown about with the Ontario provincial election happening today, by the usual culprits.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:47 pm

Tarafrost wrote:
Barbara wrote:...all the hot air being thrown about with the Ontario provincial election happening today, by the usual culprits.

I'm sitting here laughing because I deleted the section in my post that said all the noise-makers remind me of the blathering, blithering idiots currently campaigning for the next U.S. presidential election. I give up. There's surely room for two curmudgeons on this forum. 8)

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:02 pm

So, why does this remind me of "the odd couple" :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:19 pm

Barbara wrote:[
I'm sitting here laughing because I deleted the section in my post that said all the noise-makers remind me of the blathering, blithering idiots currently campaigning for the next U.S. presidential election. I give up. There's surely room for two curmudgeons on this forum.

Don't get me started on US politics and the theocracy that is south of the border. ;-) My wife is an American (now dual citizenship...she voted up here for the first time today), so I feel I can comment. And those that think I shouldn't, too bad...that's what curmudgeons do. :shock:

I welcome you in curmudgeonly compatriotism.

May you be touched by His Noodly Appendage!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:20 pm

gpsmikey wrote:So, why does this remind me of "the odd couple" :D

More like the "Terrible Trio". You forgot to include yourself, Mikey! ;-)

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:42 pm

Tarafrost wrote:May you be touched by His Noodly Appendage!

I do rather fancy meditating on pasta now and then, but if I get any more touched, even Mikey won't talk to me. :shock:

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:47 pm

BarbaraC wrote:I do rather fancy meditating on pasta now and then, but if I get any more touched, even Mikey won't talk to me. :shock:

Ah...another Pastafarian! Ramen! ;-)

Don't worry about Mikey...he'll talk to anyone. Even moi it seems, so he can't be too picky. :shock:

Next

Return to Odds & Ends