Doing a show just FOR ME!!!!!

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Postby HunnyB » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:13 pm

Okay guys, I am turning 50 this December.
I THINK my family is going to throw me a surprize party. I THINK!!!!
Not sure, but I am hearing hints.
I can't be so bold or conceited to do my own 50th Birthday Party slideshow, then NO PARTY happens......
so I have come up with an idea.
I am working on a show that will only have photos of me and my hubby of 33.5 years.
IF there is a party -- I am going to pull out this show and let everyone watch it --- then I
will sorta have my very own 50th birthday show !!!!!
I am clever :!:
right :?: :?:
:wink:
HunnyB :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:34 pm

Firstly let me congratulate you on your 50th birthday. I am sure they will throw a party for you. I also think that you are very clever doing the show and keeping it so you can surprise everyone. What a brilliant idea having a show of just you and you hubby. Hope you do not mind I may do the same for my hubby and I. We have been married 40 years this year so I will make it for our 41st.

Penny

vciro

Postby vciro » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:58 pm

Dear HunnyB,
An early Happy Birthday and Congratulations on your successful marriage. What date is your Birthday? Mine is Dec 28th. I will be 50...... plus 9 years of experience :-)
I've been married for 32 years. I think that a show would be a great idea whether you have a party or not! But I am sure you will have a party. After over three decades of marriage, I think that your husband realizes that his life is in jeopardy if he doesn't give you a party for this milestone.

Dear Penny,
Wow! 40 years. Congratulations to you, too.

Semper Fi,

Postby nannybear » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:02 pm

Congratulations!!!!! I will be 52 in Nov this year. Happy Day to you!!!!! Hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby dcbyrne » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:51 pm

Hello HunnyB,
You have a good idea. Happy Birthday and I hope you have many more...
Douglas

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:22 am

Congratulations HunnyB. That is a great idea, a show for the the two of you.

My problem is looking back over the years is I have been the 'photographer', there are not many photos of me. Perhaps that is a good thing :lol:

Talking of birthdays, there seems to be a number around this time, mine is in 5 days time, my 69th.

Brian

Esteemed Member

Postby LEE7 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:36 am

Brian
I`m in the same boat, been doing video since 77 & photography seems like forever, rare to see pics of Me & very few glimpses on video, kinda like Alfred Hitchcock`s in His movies.

Peter

Postby HunnyB » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:31 am

Good, I am not conceited!!!!!!
I have been shocked at how many photos there are of just me and hubby together.
And it's funny, he looks the same and I change with every pic (the hairstyle queen here) !!!!

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:21 am

Hi Hunny-
I basically did what you are talking about. I make slideshows for all the special events in our family, so I figured if I wanted one for myself, I was going to have to make it. My husband and I were approaching our 35th anniversary and I decided to make a show about our over 35 years together, from our first date up through the grandchildren, as a gift for him. I had no idea at the time that my son and daughter-in-law were planning a surprise party for us, but afterwards when we left the hall where the party was held, we all went back to my house and viewed the story of our 35 years together. It was great fun, and it really is amazing how many pictures you find that you don't even know you have until you tackle a project like this. Good luck and I'm sure you will be having a party, so best to be prepared!!

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:51 am

Not only is it a great idea, Hunny, but maybe it's something we should all do some version of, particularly since it seems like the majority of us are...um...well-seasoned. I just passed the 62-year mark, and it's about time I celebrated that very fact rather than pretending it never happened.

Don't forget to announce your birthday when it comes around so we can all harass you about it.

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:15 am

I don't know about all you old geezers -- I'm still working on 21 (for the third time :lol: )

Like I tell people "I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up"

BTW -- Happy birthday Brian !! (well almost anyway).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to Odds & Ends