Playing Your Photodex Hosted Shows From Your Own Web Site

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
ianmatthews

Postby ianmatthews » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:02 pm

Mike

I understand your instructions here but I feeling a bit dim today. When I have the ammended code what do I do with it. Do I paste it into an html file called say index.html? What is the link that will open the show?

Thanks

Ian

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:54 pm

ianmatthews wrote:Mike

I understand your instructions here but I feeling a bit dim today. When I have the ammended code what do I do with it. Do I paste it into an html file called say index.html? What is the link that will open the show?

Thanks

Ian

Ian:

For a simple web page, just create a new html page and insert the code. If you want to get a bit more creative, insert a table in the html page and place the code inside one of the cells. This will allow you to build content around the show. You can then save the html page as index.html or whatever you like. You can then link to that page once it's uploaded to your server to view the show.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Esteemed Member

Colors

Postby twodoor55 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:03 pm

I really enjoyed your show. It was captivating.

ianmatthews

Postby ianmatthews » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:02 am

Thanks Mike, I've got it working now.

Ian

Site Admin

Re: Colors

Postby MG - Admin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:08 am

twodoor55 wrote:I really enjoyed your show. It was captivating.

Thanks for watching!

ianmatthews wrote:Thanks Mike, I've got it working now.

Ian

Glad you have it working! Best of luck with the shows!

Mike

Esteemed Member

presenter?

Postby gnj1207 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:18 pm

Hi Mike! Quick question- When you upload shows to your site this way, is the presenter download included in the HTML. I notice on your gallery page it states that you will be directed to download the plug in.

Thanks, Julie

Site Admin

Re: presenter?

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:10 pm

gnj1207 wrote:Hi Mike! Quick question- When you upload shows to your site this way, is the presenter download included in the HTML. I notice on your gallery page it states that you will be directed to download the plug in.

Thanks, Julie

Julie:

Even though the shows are embedded in my web site, they still require the plug-in for the shows to display. If someone visits my site and doesn't have the plug-in they will be prompted to install it without leaving my site. It's just a few quick clicks at the prompts and then the show plays. This is true for anyone that embeds the shows into their web sites.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Cindy

thanks

Postby Cindy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:33 pm

Woo Hoo!!! It worked. thanks sooo much

Francine

Playing Your Photodex Hosted Shows from Your Own Website

Postby Francine » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:18 am

Hi Mike,

I'm so excited to give this a try ... but I have a question. I noticed that on yours and others, the show came up without the photodex page appearing but on Cindy's the complete Photodex site appeared. I'd like to keep photodex in the background unseen like yours. How did you get your show only to appear inside a black box per sa?

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:51 pm

That is because mine worked initially and then locked up - I don't think I had enough bandwidth or something - this is all a foreign language to me - so.... I ended up linking back to the photodex site. One of these days when I have a chance I am going to try again - I have a new site started so maybe it will work now! Good Luck Francine.

Site Admin

Re: Playing Your Photodex Hosted Shows from Your Own Website

Postby MG - Admin » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:03 pm

Francine wrote:Hi Mike,

I'm so excited to give this a try ... but I have a question. I noticed that on yours and others, the show came up without the photodex page appearing but on Cindy's the complete Photodex site appeared. I'd like to keep photodex in the background unseen like yours. How did you get your show only to appear inside a black box per sa?

I created a blank page with a table and placed the code for the show within the center cell of the table. This way the show plays, but doesn't need to include all of Photodex's stuff. It's no different than using the code provided within ProShow when hosting your own shows, only in my case the shows actually reside on Photodex's server rather than mine.

Hope that makes sense.

Mike

Francine

Playing Your Photodex Hosted Shows from Your Own Website

Postby Francine » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:43 am

Thanks Mike & Cindy ...

Okay - I THINK I got it... If not I'll be back with more quesitons :?

As soon as I'm up and running I'll post a link.

Alkaye

hositn on our own site

Postby Alkaye » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:31 am

Lets say we have the storage..Is there way (besdies FLASH) to host these and not have anyone HAVE to download the player?

Are there other FREE players out thre with this good of qulaity?

AL

Site Admin

Re: hositn on our own site

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:05 am

Alkaye wrote:Lets say we have the storage..Is there way (besdies FLASH) to host these and not have anyone HAVE to download the player?

Are there other FREE players out thre with this good of qulaity?

AL

In order to take advantage of the best quality you have to use the Presenter Plug-in. Others have converted their shows into AVI or similar formats, but there is a loss of quality, and the viewing size is smaller. Not a great compromise in my book.

ProShow is close to releasing a version 3 of it's Gold and Producer software that is rumored to have Flash output. Hopefully this is true and the output isn't smaller or degraded compared to the Presenter option. Should be released very soon.

Mike

Alkaye

hosting

Postby Alkaye » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:16 am

3 is out and I have it... FLASH is good,

but not as good as ths player..

There must be other players or code to create one

AL

PreviousNext

Return to Odds & Ends