Playing Your Photodex Hosted Shows From Your Own Web Site

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Jymbobb

Can't find the long number in view source

Postby Jymbobb » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:01 pm

When I saw your tutorial I thought it had answered a major problem for me. My problem is this ...
After I click on the page where I have the show running (I have Producer), I clicked on the view menu, then on the source button and even though I have tried the "Find" method as well as a visual check, I cannot find the long number. Is there another way of locating this number please?

Many thank

James

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:06 pm

James:

When you use the FIND function try looking for "ashow". There are only two results, and both are in the location you'll find the long number you're looking for.

Mike

Jymbobb

Postby Jymbobb » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:01 pm

Mike
Many, many thanks, that worked perfectly. Thanks for all your efforts
James

Jymbobb

Postby Jymbobb » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:27 am

Hi Mike
I am not sure if this is place to write this or if I need to make a new posting. I guess if I recieve no reply I shall have to repost somewhere else.

As I said before, I have loaded my shows onto Photodex and everything works well. My problem is this...
I have added another show to my Photodex Site but it doesn't play on my own web site. Is there something else I need to do or do I have to upload the shows onto Photodex at one time so they will play on my own web site?

Many thanks

James

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:22 am

James:

Can you provide a link to the show that won't play on your own web site? If you have a link to the Photodex page that the show is located at, and the link to your own web page that is supposed to play the show I can look at the code and see if there's a problem.

Mike

Jymbobb

Postby Jymbobb » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi Mike
Many thanks for your reply and for taking the time to help me here.
This is the address of my site on Photodex. The first show, the one with the rainbow coloured film strip is the one that shows on my website. The one that I originally uploaded.
The show named wedding will not play from my website.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalbum.html?alb=0

This is the address of my web site
http://www.aaslideshows.co.uk/demo.htm

Sorry these are not actual clickable links, I don't know how to create them on here.

All the best
James

Postby nannybear » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Actually James, they are clickable, you just don't see it until you submit the post. I won't try to help because I am not the expert at this, Mike is. Good luck! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:13 pm

James:

Do you have a link to the page on your web site where you want the Wedding show to play? I'm not sure where to look on your site to verify if the code is correct.

Mike

Jymbobb

Postby Jymbobb » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:59 pm

Hi Mike
I think I must be misunderstanding you here. I put a link to the show page on my web site where I want the shows to open. Will you clarify what you want me to do please.
Many thanks
James

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:28 pm

James, I sent you a PM, but maybe I've figured out what you want to do. I'm assuming that you followed the instructions at the beginning of this post to get the demo show you currently have on your site working. Am I right in that you now want to add a second show to your site? If so, you need to follow the same steps as above by creating a new page for your web site and copy the long number in the page source at the Photodex site for your Wedding show and paste into the html code for the new page on your site. Each show you upload will have a unique number assigned to it.

If I've misunderstood let me know. We'll get this figured out for you.

Mike

Postby iromero » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:30 pm

Does photodex have any limit on the amount of traffic a show generates? For example, in '04 i attended a Van Halen concert and was able "sneak in" my Fuji S7000. I was in the 11th row and was able to take a few decent shots of the show. I created a slideshow using another tool and hosted it on my own web server at home. I sent the link to the local classic rock station and before I knew it, I was getting hits from all over the world, especially military folks overseas. Needless to say my internet connection was tanked and Bellsouth had a few things to say about that.

Will the Photodex folks allow a large amount of traffic that can be generated from a situation such as that?

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:01 pm

iromero wrote:Will the Photodex folks allow a large amount of traffic that can be generated from a situation such as that?
I'm not sure, but there's one way to find out. :-)

billharden

Postby billharden » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:28 pm

Hi Mike,
I have been using the java script code for putting my shows on my websites and it has been working very well until now. The website is www.northridgegardens.net. Viewers are telling me that the presenter plugin is not working. Any suggestions. Thank you very much Mike
Bill Harden

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:17 pm

Bill:

I just checked your link and the show played just fine. The only thing that is a bit worrisome is that when I clicked on the link it seemed to freeze up my browser for about 15 seconds or so. I'm not sure if it's related to Presenter, or some other code you might have on your site. Whatever the cause, it seemed to take a while to load it up. Could be Presenter, but not sure.

Mike

billharden

Presenter problems

Postby billharden » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 pm

Hi Mike,
Thanks for taking the time to help me. When viewers open the show, a warning sign comes on that says unknown plugin etc. "Click here to download plugin." So when they click download plugin, nothing happens. Is there a seperate way to send the plugin? Should I re upload the show from Photodex to my website? Please advise.
Many thanks
Bill Harden

PreviousNext

Return to Odds & Ends