Some help from the wise and friendly Please ;)

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Rik 101

Some help from the wise and friendly Please ;)

Postby Rik 101 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:24 am

Hello all.
Now i know this is the probably the wrong forum to ask this and please tell me off!! if i shouldnt post this here BUT i have noticed how friendly this group is and the combined knowledge here is LOTS AND LOTS so i thought i would ask first before posting in a photoshop forum

I have spent several nights searching photshop forums trying to figure this one out but havn't found a solution

Dave Fitzpatrick has a signature that appears if its writing it self (VERY COOL) which is explained elsewhere IN THIS FORUM of how to do.

That I have found and know how to do it and have made one but to speed the process to use it for other titles I was hoping to write an action that i can play each time, as a quick save method for each image. its a laborious process the standard way.

My problem is that although writing an action to size and save is easy I need to be able to have a Photoshop action where the save command increases the file name by 1 each time so for example the first time it is played it might create a file and save it as pic1.jpg then the next time it would save it as pic2.jpg then pic3.jpg and so on and so on

Would really appreciate any thoughts. I think it would be a useful peice of info for others as well

Thanks I am looking forward to the collective brains solving this one :D
Rick

Postby Barbara_K » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:53 am

Rick,

I am far from an expert in Photoshop but the only way I know of to sequentially name your images would be to run your action under Batch. You would have to put a check mark in the box to "Override Action 'Save As' Command" then specifiy the name for your file and how many digits you want in the number. Then specifiy your starting number.

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:44 am

If Barb's batch suggestion doesn't do what you need, then you probably will need to dive into Photoshop script writing to accomplish this. PS includes a complete scripting engine (including javascript support), which I'm pretty confident would allow you to do this.

Writing a script would likely require some non-trivial investment of time, and having a strong familiarity with programming would also help.
....Andrzej (aka: the curmudgeon)

Tarafrost Photography: Specializing in Wild-Life
http://www.tarafrost.com

andy

Re: Some help from the wise and friendly Please ;)

Postby andy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:19 pm

Rik 101 wrote:Hello all.
Now i know this is the probably the wrong forum to .....................Dave Fitzpatrick has a signature that appears if its writing it self (VERY COOL) which is explained elsewhere IN THIS FORUM of how to do.......................
Rick

Hi Rick,
Talking of Dave Fitzpatrick and his “signatureâ€

Rik 101

Postby Rik 101 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:04 pm

Thanks everyone for your input.
Hmmmm Yes i agree there is no easy way to do this and I'm no expert in scripting.

I had downloaded the Visi-sketch Lite and used it- Its great ! ! Any else reading this I encourage you to give it a go. and tell Dave ( hopefully he will be encouraged to release the pro version) Its a neat peice of programming. Thanks again Dave. I too am eagerly awaiting you to release the pro version. I'M already putting some $ $ aside in anticipation.

Out of interest i did find out that if you are lucky enough to own the Extended version of Photoshop CS3 there's a very cool new feature that lets you create an image , such as a signature apply it to a time line as an avi or Quicktime and then simply paint / erase or anything else creative, frame by frame so need to save multiple images.

Hmmmmm, Now there's an item for my Santa wishlist :D

Rick

billharden

Postby billharden » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:18 pm

Have you looked at Adobe Lightroom for a possible answer? I'm smart enough to be dangerous. I use Lightroom and it seems to me there is a feature there that may help.
Just a thought.
Good Luck
Bill Harden

Return to Odds & Ends