Where is Presenter loaded to?

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
videogal

Where is Presenter loaded to?

Postby videogal » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:14 pm

Could someone please tell me:

When a customer who doesn't have Proshow goes to Photodex.com to view a show and allows the Presenter to be loaded, where is it put on their computer?
Can they remove it later? How? Or is it temporary and then goes away by itself? What is it's size?

When they use an autoplay DVD does it just do the same thing? And does it go away?

Thanks,

videogal

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:53 pm

Videogal,

It is installed as a normal program.... should be C:\Program Files\Photodex Presenter ...
You can remove the program by going into Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs... Presenter stays until removed by the user.

The directory where for Presenter is about 12 MB in 14 or so files... so it really doesn't take much space at all...

If you are playing a DVD on the computer then the normal DVD player software would be used....

Hope that helps,

videogal

Postby videogal » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:01 am

Thank you.

So a computer can't play an autoplay DVD unless it also has a player installed besides presenter as well?

Sometimes people say my DVD won't play in their computer. Sometimes they might not have a player installed. Sometimes they might not even have a DVD drive, just a CD drive.

I'm dealing with a lot of different people with varying levels of understanding of their computers. So I guess I can't assume much.

Return to Odds & Ends