Suggestion on which product to use for a cursive into

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Suggestion on which product to use for a cursive into

Postby blkblts » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:56 am

I saw an intro on a site that has a name printed letter by letter in cursive. At the end of drawing the name a little pixie dust type flare appeared. I would assume it was some sort of video into. Could anyone suggest what product could be used to create this type of intro?

Thanks in advance.

K

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:11 pm

Hi K,
This may or may not be the one you saw. Kelly does explain how it was created.

http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/viewtopic.php?t=3009

_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

Postby blkblts » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:43 pm

Hi Dan,
Actually that's not the one I saw, buttttt that is similar to what I was looking for. Guess I should have searched on signature instead of cursive and I might have found it duh. I found a sample .swi that makes a signature too, but it had several layers to it too. I guess I was hoping to simplify. It seems you need several layers in Photoshop too. I appreciate the help.

Kim

Postby Barbara_K » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:17 pm

Is this the one you are referring to? If it is the instructions were posted on the Yahoo group by Dave Fitzpatrick.
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6624&alb=0

Barbara

Postby blkblts » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Thanks Barbara I will check that out.

Actually what I was referring to is at http://www.emotionmedia.com/shows.html click on Custom Shows View Shows and choose show #1 under the premier sample shows. After looking at it again it isn't a letter by letter signature it's more of a speratic showing of letters just very quickly with the fairy dust. (Which I'm sure is a Video background of some sort.)

Thanks a bunch.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:58 pm

Hi K,
Hummm, that is a very nice effect, after finally seeing the show. It is the same effect as on that same site, under "Designer Shows", click the wedding tab, second show. I can't get a direct url, I guess those are flash shows? Anyway, I am not sure how that was created, but I am inclined to think, that is is along the line of Kelly's demo with the use of Photoshop. I had to play several times. The script is coming in not just from left to right, but it comes in it seems in three sections left to right on the main text, and then again on the lower text. It really does look good and then with the added "sparklies" toward the end of the transition.

I also would like to know how that is done, just in case anyone discovers the secret, please post back.
_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

Valued Member

Postby Lin Evans » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:52 pm

There are hundreds of such effects possible with Wildform's WildFX Pro:

http://www.wildform.com/

Click the WildFX Pro link. Don't let the "Flash" put you off it creates AVI, etc, as well.

Best regards,

Lin

DanDan wrote:Hi K,
Hummm, that is a very nice effect, after finally seeing the show. It is the same effect as on that same site, under "Designer Shows", click the wedding tab, second show. I can't get a direct url, I guess those are flash shows? Anyway, I am not sure how that was created, but I am inclined to think, that is is along the line of Kelly's demo with the use of Photoshop. I had to play several times. The script is coming in not just from left to right, but it comes in it seems in three sections left to right on the main text, and then again on the lower text. It really does look good and then with the added "sparklies" toward the end of the transition.

I also would like to know how that is done, just in case anyone discovers the secret, please post back.
_Dan

Postby blkblts » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:02 am

Lin,
Well I didn't have time to look through them all, but I did get through about 50 of the text stuff. That is really good I used Swish about 10 years ago (when it was easy to use for some college things.) Now days that is a pretty complicated product for me and I use it mainly for web sites. Sometimes ya just want something simple like the Wildform's WildFX Pro. Awesome suggestion thanks a million.

Kim

Return to Odds & Ends