Anyone use a laptop?

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Jenn

Anyone use a laptop?

Postby Jenn » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:55 am

We're considering getting a laptop computer. We already have a desktop PC, so the laptop would be for portability to work on a project while on vacation or from another room of the house.

Does anyone use (or has anyone tried using) PSG on a laptop with any success? I suppose it doesn't really matter what type of computer we use, as long as it has enough RAM and so forth to support the tool.

Jen

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm

Jen,

I take my laptop with me on vacation .... mostly to store my photos so I have enough room on the memory card for photos the next day. I sometimes drop my new photos into Producer ....just to see how a show might look. No problems using a laptop and making a show. And now of course, I don't need to bring along the key to use Producer .......

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:56 pm

Yup...I use PSP on my LG T1 Express Dual laptop. Works just fine! Only a bit slower than my main workstation.

The one thing I found with my laptop is that I had to install a number of video codecs to get things to render correctly in PSP. There's a thread around somewhere about that. Search on Codecs if you run into that particular issue.
....Andrzej (aka: the curmudgeon)

Tarafrost Photography: Specializing in Wild-Life
http://www.tarafrost.com

andy

Re: Anyone use a laptop?

Postby andy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:42 am

Jenn wrote:We're considering getting a laptop computer. We already have a desktop PC, so the laptop would be for portability to work on a project while on vacation or from another room of the house.

Does anyone use (or has anyone tried using) PSG on a laptop with any success? I suppose it doesn't really matter what type of computer we use, as long as it has enough RAM and so forth to support the tool.

Jen

Jan, thought you might find this link useful http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/viewtop ... 0767#20767
andy

Jenn

Postby Jenn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:52 pm

Thank you, Andy!

Jen

Saxman28

Re: Anyone use a laptop?

Postby Saxman28 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:14 pm

Jenn wrote:We're considering getting a laptop computer. We already have a desktop PC, so the laptop would be for portability to work on a project while on vacation or from another room of the house.

Jen

Jenn,

I use my Dell Inspiron 6000 with 2 gigs ram 100 gig hd 5400 rpm for ALL of my prresentations. Step up your ram to the max. Laptop do have slower hard drives due to battery demands. You could switch it out for a 7200 rpm hard drive which will make a huge differnece with the 2 gigs ram. It will run like a desktop or tower. CPU should be >2 GHZ

Alan

Return to Odds & Ends