Experience with books from Picaboo.com?

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
ProShow Hall of Fame

Experience with books from Picaboo.com?

Postby DickK » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:58 pm

http://www.picaboo.com/

The site has shown up here as a source of backgrounds (tons, and tons of them!) but I've not seen it mentioned for it's "real" purpose which is selling photo albums that you build with their software.

Has anyone used this to build and buy books/albums? If so,

-- What did you you like / dislike?
-- Did you feel like it was good value for the price?
-- What kinds of books have you built?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Esteemed Member

Postby JC » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:23 am

Dick,

Not familiar with Picaboo, but I have seen work by www.blurb.com. Looked more like a coffee table book than the typical scrapbook style. Even had a photographic dust jacket. Number of pages for the dollars seems decent too.

Haven't had a chance to do one myself yet....but I will.

Rgds,

Jeff

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:48 am

Jeff -- hmmm... that one looks interesting as well. Lots of choices !
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:28 am

DickK wrote:Jeff -- hmmm... that one looks interesting as well. Lots of choices !
Dick

Ah, the power of Visa :D :D :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby toad » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:07 am

I have used Picaboo. It is a great way to create a keepsake book of any kind. I did one for my daughter's second year. Picaboo has ton's of backgrounds that is one of the reasons I chose it. However, I was not overly impressed with the finished product. The picture quailty was not that great and it cut some of the edges on the full page spreads. There are several places you can make these books. I have seen a book done with Shutterfly and it was much better in quality.

The difference between Shutterfly and winkflash is that you create the book online and with Picaboo you download their free software. This is getting very popular and if you do a goole search of Photo Books you will find many companies that are doing this.
Last edited by toad on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:06 pm

toad wrote:I have used Picaboo. It is a great way to create a keepsake book of any kind. I did one for my daughter's second year. Picaboo has ton's of backgrounds that is one of the reasons I chose it. However, I was not overly impressed with the finished product. The picture quailty was not that great and it cut some of the edges on the full page spreads. There are several places you can make these books. I have seen a book done with Shutterfly and it was much better in quality.

The difference between Shutterfly and winkflash is that you create the book online and with Picaboo you download their free software. This is getting very popular and if you do a goole search of Photo Books you will find many companies that are doing this.

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I've found 2 or 3 more places that are doing almost the same thing. Disappointing to hear that the Picaboo pictures weren't top notch but good to know.

Return to Odds & Ends