How do i add a slideshow created to dvd to edit in producer

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Esteemed Member

How do i add a slideshow created to dvd to edit in producer

Postby shazmark » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:42 pm

I have been using pro show producer for a short while now, and I have created some dvds which i am very happy with, But...... I would like to open the dvd on my p.c. and edit it again in poducer, but I dont seem to know how to do it because I need to add more photos and extend the dvd. hope this makes sense hope anyone can help
cheers
sharon

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:16 am

Hi Sharon,
Humm, I'm not much on video or dvd editing, however there are threads in the forum that discuss copying DVD .vob files to your computer. Here is one primary thread, maybe it will help. http://itsmygallery.com/ProShow/viewtopic.php?t=2461
But,.....what I would do is,.....I am assuming you still have your PSP .psh file and photos, music, etc. on your computer. I would just open your show back up in Producer or PSG, whichever, add the items you want, and reburn the DVD. You might choose to give this show a new name before burning. Even if you have had to reinstall Producer for whatever reason, your .psh files remain intact unless you delete them.
If you want to add content to a DVD that is already burned, I think you are out of luck. A DVD is a final product and you can not modify the contents. If it is a RW (rewriteable disc), you can erase and then reburn.
Good luck. :)
_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

Esteemed Member

tnx dan

Postby shazmark » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:39 pm

tnx Dan for your reply,
I create slideshows for a local nightclub, and when i create a slideshow for them they usually want me to just keep adding more slides to the previous show thus then creating another show I usually have the shows on the p.c. as psh files but I have lost one and wanted to add the dvd content back into pro show producer and add the slides if that makes sense to you,
but I think you have already answered my question unfortunately............ tnx anway
cheers
shaz

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:01 am

Sharon

If you just want to add slides to the end, all may not be lost.

The first slide could be the 'movie' as it is right now, than add the slides to the end of the 'movie'. The only problem is I'm not sure if you will have a loss of quality rendering the movie part again.

The DVD files that end .vob (the video and sound) can be made into mpg files just by changing the .vob to .mpg once on your harddrive. You should then be able to drop these .mpg files into a slide. I've not tried this, but hopefully it should work :roll:

If you really, really want to be clever you may be able to split the .mpg file into two or more parts and drop in another slide at the splits.

These are just some thoughts and I cannot say it will work, but hteory says it will :|

Brian

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:24 am

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the additional ideas. You have combined my original responses. I agree it should work, there may be a slight quality difference. I think what I would do if the original files are lost, is follow Brians suggestion but just use the .mpg save as a singular show. If you have more photos from another event etc. make a new show with those. When you burn, you can burn both with individual thumbs, you can choose loop all if you wish. Then if later you have even more you can do the same thing with three thumbs, still choose loop all if that's what you want to do. You have several choices.
_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

Return to Odds & Ends