SAVING AS A TEMPLATE

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Honorary ProShow PHD

SAVING AS A TEMPLATE

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:16 am

Help me again, please!
I want to save a show as a template, but haven't a clue how to. Can someone please point me in the right direction or to the right thread on here. (Or send me a new brain!!!)
Thanks.
Lavina

Esteemed Member

Postby JC » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:01 am

Hi Lavina,

Head to the SHOW menu and the last item will be SHOW TEMPLATE. When you click on this you will get a sub menu. The rest should follow from the descriptions and dialog box.

Regards,

Jeff

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:11 pm

Jeff
THANK YOU. Got it and so easy too! (How could I have been so stupid?!!!)
Cheers
Lavina

SSteve

saving show as a template

Postby SSteve » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:36 pm

What does it do to save a show has a template.what would be the purpose and the use??
Steve

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:39 pm

If you have some transitions that you have worked and and it creates a nice effect you may want to save it and use it in another slide show.

SSteve

saving as a template

Postby SSteve » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:11 pm

twodoor55 wrote:If you have some transitions that you have worked and and it creates a nice effect you may want to save it and use it in another slide show.

Thanks Twodoor
Steve

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:33 pm

Steve,

I've gone to a lot of work to create nice opening and closing slides and save those so I can reuse them without remembering which show I did them for. Basically I save anything that I'd like to reuse and don't want to spend the time to recreate or remember how I did it.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Jenn

Postby Jenn » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:31 pm

This must be a Producer-only feature since I don't see the Show Template option in the Show menu in PSG. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Jen

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:27 pm

Jenn ---

<memo to self: be clearer!>

"Template" in this context is misleading. At least in my case, I meant it generically--all I'm doing is saving bits and pieces of "stuff" as a PSG show. I'm betting you're already doing it, too.

Example: I really liked what I devised for an opening to a show I did for church recently. Took some work to get the backgrounds, colors, fonts, etc all just right. When the show was done I reduced it to just the opening sequence and saved it as a show with an appropriate title. The next show I did was a family one with Christmas stuff and I just reused those slides in the new show editing them to fit but cutting the build time for that part quite a lot. Technically what I'd saved isn't a template in ProShow terms but its quicker than calling it "misc bits and pieces of stuff I've saved for reuse." :D
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Lavina Molnar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:07 pm

Ah-Ha - So what I am doing, now, isn't REALLY a template ? Sakes luv us - what IS a 'real' template then ?! If I could understand THAT properly and know how to make one 'work' perhaps I could fathom it out! Is it something that has been created by someone else? A while ago I did have a cursory look at one but just couldn't get it going let alone trying to work with one. Got two downloaded from here lying useless on my desktop! Suppose the basic principle for using templates IS to save time with extra work, and a great deal of use for those who do shows professionally and time is at a premium for them. To me creating your own 'bits for possible future use' will give one a much greater sense of satisfaction with what one has done. Yes?? No?? !!!
Lavina

Postby nannybear » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:19 pm

I only use PSP now so I can't remember if you can do it in PSG. What happens is....you create a show you really like. You like the placement of your pics, and now the movement, zoom and pan. You don't want to have to recreate that same thing all the time as it is too much work. So you save as a template and the program keeps everything but the pics. ( unless you have told it not too, to be explained later). When you bring the "template" up again all you have to do is add the new pics you want The timing, movement, zoom etc.... is already there and you don't have to reproduce it again....make sense??? We can share templates that we have created easily, and if you give me yours all I have to do is add my pictures and voila!!! it works with what you have already created. That is why we share on the members file site. No use in reinventing the wheel! Hope this helps hon!! take care ttys Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:02 pm

Jan, PSG won't do that for you but you can do a rough equivalent for yourself, especially now that everything is a layer on a slide but it's going to be tedious. Create a show, save it and then recall it to replace the images one-by-one. Frankly too hard to be worth it to me--but saving reusable parts and pieces is easy and has proved worthwhile.

One of the many reasons I would expect that if you were doing this a lot and doing it on a deadline that PSP would be worth the extra cost and learning curve.

Return to Odds & Ends