Sorry, what is "Director and Creator"?

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Valued Member

Sorry, what is "Director and Creator"?

Postby Hemo2 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:55 am

My apologies to everyone. I haven't been here in quite some time. I am aware that Photodex seems to have disappeared a long time ago. Like you, I have supported them for many years buying every version of Gold and then Producer and all effects packages, so it is really very disappointing that they have been quiet about their products and apparently gave up on support and new versions long ago, leaving everyone hanging in the wind. (Though they are still selling their products on the website, which is somewhat confusing since they don't develop or support ProShow anymore.)

So of course like everyone, I'm wondering what happens in a year or so when I replace my current (old) computer with a new one and if all the things I've purchased from Photodex will install and activate. (Guess if they don't, then I'm done with slideshow creation.)

But as I've been searching through the forums here, I've seen a reference to "Director and Creator". I missed this in the forum posts, so wanted to ask. Is this a new program from Photodex to replace ProShow Gold/Producer and I'm wrong about them giving up on their customers and developing products? Or is it a product from a different software developer? If so, who? I did see reference to it apparently being subscription based?? If true, that is unfortunate since no matter who is creating this, a subscription model makes it a dead product to me before it even exists because I choose not to subscribe to software programs. I do wish whoever is making it all the best, but I was curious what this Director and Creator is and if it is a Photodex product? Thank you.

Keith
Keith H. Hemmelman
My Photo Galleries

Valued Member

Re: Sorry, what is "Director and Creator"?

Postby Hemo2 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:28 pm

Guess I answered my own question. I posted this message in the Producer - General section and it was moved here to Odds & Ends. Never occurred to me to look in this forum. Sorry about that. Looks like Director and Creator and two separate products from a company called Photopia located in the Netherlands. I took a quick look and the forum there didn't inspire me that their products are ready for prime time yet and the subscription prices were crazy expensive. I didn't look at functionality or features in the programs as they both are subscription only which isn't for me, so it doesn't matter what these products can do.
Keith H. Hemmelman
My Photo Galleries

Return to Odds & Ends