Switch to full style
Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Post a reply

New Advice on a Mac

Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:35 am

Hi. I've been away for a while. A long while. I had some personal and work issues and then about a year ago my laptop exploded and I just have not been back to it. I'm ready though to get back into it as my photography and Proshow have always been my chief way to relax. So....anyway. I am finally in the market for a laptop and my IT guy at work is pushing me to get a Mac for many reasons and, while I have always resisted, I must say that I am tempted. But what's the point if I can't use Proshow right? I know that there are some workarounds but was hoping to get some recent feedback from people who have tried. I did try to do search on here but haven't seen anything recent, maybe because nothing is new. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: New Advice on a Mac

Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:30 pm

I'm not up on the latest, but Proshow is still a windows only product, so the options are to either dual boot the Mac into windows or run something like VMware Fusion (which lets your run a virtual windows machine on the Mac). Either way, you still need to come up with a copy of windows to run. There may be better options, but that is all I am aware of currently.

mikey

Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:14 am

Thanks Mikey. Unfortunately I figured that would be the response!

Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:39 am

In case anyone else is interested I did post a direct question to Proshow about a Mac program. The official company line is that they have no plans for a Mac release. The response, however, also said "We are aware of a significant demand for a Mac version of Producer and are working hard in that direction." Whatever the heck that means! I assume it means "not in this lifetime" but who knows.

Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:50 am

For what it's worth, I purchased a big Imac for my wife a few years ago after a bunch of research and deciding it might be right. Well, then I had to buy Parallels and Windows so she could play the free "Spider Solitaire" game. "Right" All seemed to be well until she had the opportunity to get a "hand-me-down" PC which seemed to be and turned out to be perfect for her. I took over the Mac and added my Windows software and programs and had no problems. It just did not feel as solid to me as I would like so I got rid of Parallels and Windows. Then I reinstalled Windows 7 with the Mac Bootcamp program and have used that since. I am so glad I did. The reboot was just not a problem as I seem to have an extra minute to minute and one half for the reboot. I now have Win 10 and have had no problem with it whatsoever. My windows programs are as solid, if not more solid, than they have ever been. I did lose the use of "Calendar Creator" with the 10 install but just need to find the disk and re-install.

Ron
Post a reply