Cute show made in Producer ...

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Cute show made in Producer ...

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:21 am

A friend sent me the link to this show for us older folks. Worth the watch - I thought it was interesting that in the credits at the end, the show was produced in Proshow Producer by "Pete" - I thought it was well done (as an old geezer myself). Enjoy http://nethugs.com/interesting/memories ... Clz.0clz.o

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: Cute show made in Producer ...

Postby tdew » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:19 am

That was fun. Those memories seemed to be mostly early 50s. I know Pete is in the UK and I kept looking for things that showed that, but most of the pictures appeared to be US based. It was fun to see the guys in suits and ties riding the roller coaster.

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:59 am

I remember the fifties quite well, better, in fact, than whatever it is I was thinking a minute ago.

The only non-memory I had was the comment about it being cool to hang out in coffee bars. Perhaps that was a nod to life in the UK. As far as I know, in the U.S. it was soda shops. Oh, and did guys wear suits to dance in? Nope, don't remember anything of the sort. I do, however, remember khakis as the right thing for them to wear. We ladies wore white sneakers and stockings. Very strange.

All told, I really enjoyed Pete's show.

(Did we actually dress like that?)

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby tdew » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:31 am

Yes Barbara, that was the thing that stood out as not quite right - coffee shops. Those came later - with the beatniks.

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:03 pm

Beatniks were part of the fifties, but really not much of anything. Just a relatively small number of people trying to be "cool" in the way of the Beat Generation. "Hey, if we talk like them and dress like them, we must BE them." The fifties were, in many ways, an era of innocence filled with cherry cokes and saddle shoes. Anyway, whether real or not, that's how I like to remember it. Nice how we can edit our memories, isn't it?

Barbara

Postby heckydog » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Enjoyed the show and the nostalgia. Would've liked a little faster pace but that's just me.

Grew up in Queens NY in the 50's/60's. As a teen we would go to the luncheonette to hang out. Murray and Al's is where I went for my egg creams, cherry cokes, newspapers for my dad, school supplies, occasional dinner (love those greasy hamburgers) and maybe I'd sneak a peek at a girlie magazine once in a while :oops:

I did go to Greenwich Village to see outdoor art fairs and stuff like that. Lots of fun. Saw beatniks and I'm sure there were coffee houses, but I don't recall seeing one of those. To this day I don't drink coffee. Also went to Palisades Park (Freddy Cannon, 1962), and Washington Square (Village Stompers, 1963). What a great time to grow up! My hairdo from my high school yearbook is unreal.

I've been putting off re-working a nostalgia slide show for too long now. Gotta get back to it soon, hehehehe.

Joe

PS did you know a cherry coke in New York was not the same as one you might get in Dubuque Iowa or Dallas Texas? More cherry less coke in NY :lol: .

and google "New York Street Games" if you grew up in or near New York City. I have the dvd and booklet. They actually made dvd's about this stuff.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:15 am

heckydog wrote:Enjoyed the show and the nostalgia. Would've liked a little faster pace but that's just me.

Grew up in Queens NY in the 50's/60's. As a teen we would go to the luncheonette to hang out. Murray and Al's is where I went for my egg creams, cherry cokes, newspapers for my dad, school supplies, occasional dinner (love those greasy hamburgers) and maybe I'd sneak a peek at a girlie magazine once in a while :oops:

I did go to Greenwich Village to see outdoor art fairs and stuff like that. Lots of fun. Saw beatniks and I'm sure there were coffee houses, but I don't recall seeing one of those. To this day I don't drink coffee. Also went to Palisades Park (Freddy Cannon, 1962), and Washington Square (Village Stompers, 1963). What a great time to grow up! My hairdo from my high school yearbook is unreal.

I've been putting off re-working a nostalgia slide show for too long now. Gotta get back to it soon, hehehehe.

Joe

PS did you know a cherry coke in New York was not the same as one you might get in Dubuque Iowa or Dallas Texas? More cherry less coke in NY :lol: .

and google "New York Street Games" if you grew up in or near New York City. I have the dvd and booklet. They actually made dvd's about this stuff.

My parents were both raised in the Bronx back when it wasn't a war zone, and I used to love hearing their reminiscences of social life on the streets. Somewhere in this house, I've a small collection of my father's memories put to paper, one of them about his dog, Blackie, another about a mock war the kids had with horse chestnuts because they lived near a park where they discovered a chestnut tree. I'm currently cleaning out several plastic bins of all things written, and I'm hoping those writings will be rediscovered. As a kid, by the way, my father (born in 1907) lived in a different sort of Bronx, one in which there were still farms.

Postby tdew » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm a Brooklyn kid from the 50s and 60s. My husband grew up in the Bronx. Lots of good memories. I too have the DVD of NY Street games. It is great.
Speaking of Palisades Park, "Cousin Brucie" is on Sirius radio these days and for the last couple of summers has held a Palisades Park Reunion at the NJ State Fair in the Meadowlands.
We also used to head to Coney Island and Rye Beach for our amusements.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:32 pm

I'm not a city kid at all, having been raised in a sleepy Hudson River village upstate from NYC, but I spent many a happy summer on City Island where my cousin, Rosalie, taught me to dance to "Rock Around the Clock," the first rock song hit as far as I know. Maybe not, but that's how I remember it.

Barbara

Valued Member

Postby DanMac » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:31 pm

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Enjoyed the show...
Dan

Postby PhotoMill » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:40 pm

Priceless !!

Perfect ending.

Now, I feel old !

LOL & BFG

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby bob walden » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:23 pm

That was cool! I also caught the coffee shop reference. Not in my area. Soda shops it was. That would be the northern suburbs of Chicago. It was a great era. We now live a bit down the road from Clear Lake Iowa, where it all ended.

Postby Amazing.Edna » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:53 am

Great! - Thank You - Great trip down memory lane - some days wish we were back in those times!

Return to Odds & Ends