32" Tv as Monitor

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

32" Tv as Monitor

Postby Jaco » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:23 pm

Has anyone used a 32" TV as a monitor. Just bought a new PC and was gifted a 32" TV to use as a monitor. Have done a little reading and they say words are blurry. I concerned with the output of the slideshows. Any info will be helpful. thanks Jaco

Re: 32" Tv as Monitor

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:38 pm

It depends what the tv can handle and how you are feeding the signal to it. If it is an older CRT based TV and you are feeding it NTSC composite, it is bound to be blury. On the other hand, if it is a newer HD flatscreen and you are feeding it with HDMI, then I would expect it to be pretty sharp depending on exactly how things are connected. There is a range of options in between - it all depends on what the video source is, what the actual "TV" is and how they are connected.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Jaco » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:19 am

Thank you Mikey
I did connect the TV to my computer 32" LED. My computer HP Envy does not have HDMI, so I purchased adaptor and connected. It all works fine and looks good. I had set up issues with Internet Explorer and the proxy issue, I could not get on the internet, I spent a couple of hours and 3 different techs....no solutions. Called HP and the tech said Microsoft is aware of the issue, but no changes yet to IE. He spent 4 hours with me and will be helping me complete my set up, since it is Windows 8.1.
Thank you Mikey for your response, you have always been very helpful and it is greatly appreciated.....have a Happy Holiday.....jaco

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:21 am

Glad you got it sorted - I have not seen anything to tempt me into win 8 (still happy with win7/64). I use Firefox most of the time.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you too !! :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to Odds & Ends