Switch to full style
Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Post a reply

Forum time is wrong

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:13 am

I just noticed that the forum is saying it's 1:11 p.m. when, in fact, it's 12:11 p.m. here in Eastern Standard Time, which is how I have it set up in my preferences. It would appear the forum prefers Daylight Savings Time. I don't blame it, but it's still wrong. :D

Barbara

Re: Forum time is wrong

Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:58 am

We're on Pacific Standard Time and it's showing Daylight Savings Time here too. Maybe it's a main forum setting the moderator has to change. The only choices I see in Profile settings are ones for Standard Time.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:15 am

At least it doesn't affect the time stamp on email.

Barbara

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:20 am

Maybe we're all in the twilight zone?? Then, of course, there is Mona who is in the middle of the night wondering what all the fuss is about :D

Reminds me --- SET YOUR CAMERA CLOCKS !! -- I forgot to do it a while back and the geotagging of my pictures came out quite odd (since the
gps track and camera timestamps were different by an hour).

mikey

Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:28 am

Per Mike G the moderator....

The time is based on the server clock with the hosting company. Unfortunately I don't have control over that.

So I guess we'll just have to wait until Daylight Savings Time rolls around again before it matches our clock time for those that are on Standard this time of year. :roll:

Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:28 pm

I just checked it ... I'm at 1:26 MST and it shows 2:26 ... which is the correct time for the time zone they're in (somewhere in Texas?). Beats me . . .

Dale

Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:54 pm

You should all move over here. The time is showing right for me in the UK.

Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:24 am

briancbb wrote:You should all move over here. The time is showing right for me in the UK.

That's because the UK would never put up with such folderol.

Barbara

Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Crikey!

It's even correct downunder in Oz and we are currently on daylight saving time here in Melbourne.

Carl

Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:19 pm

I thought "down under" you would be using "nighttime saving time" :twisted: Typically I have two time modes - to the fraction of a second on the camera so it matches up with the GPS track data and "Friday" (since I'm retired - getting it right to the nearest day is good enough) :D

mikey

Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:35 pm

Mikey

Couldn't agree more time seems less important for a lot of things since retirement.

Carl

Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:35 pm

I took my watch off the day I retired, and have never worn it since, that is over 10 years now. Why bother with the hour, when I don't know which day of the week it is.
Post a reply