Switch to full style
Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Post a reply

Happy Birthday MIKEY!

Thu May 29, 2014 7:10 am

Hope your birthday is a good one Mikey! :D

Re: Happy Birthday MIKEY!

Thu May 29, 2014 7:45 am

Happy birthday, Mikey !!!
:D :D

Thu May 29, 2014 7:46 am

Happy Birthday Mike .....hope you have a great time.

Thu May 29, 2014 8:41 am

Happy Birthday Mikey. You're getting even closer to my age (%age wise), but will never catch up. :D

Hope you had a great day with family and friends.

Thu May 29, 2014 8:48 am

Yet another year gone by ... Happy B-Day Mikey! :D

Dale

Thu May 29, 2014 5:38 pm

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mikey!

Thu May 29, 2014 5:46 pm

Thanks folks !! When I was a kid, I thought anyone who was over 60 was REALLY old. Now that I am 64, I still think that :twisted:

mikey

Thu May 29, 2014 6:43 pm

gpsmikey wrote:Thanks folks !! When I was a kid, I thought anyone who was over 60 was REALLY old. Now that I am 64, I still think that :twisted:
mikey

How much of this song is true for you?
If only very little, as I'm sure it is the case, then you are not "really old" :D :D
After all, you don't write any postcards, do you? You do Facebook and emails :D :D

Thu May 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Happy Birthday Mikey, Hope you didn't get stuck on 405 this morning. Thank you Mona...I never thought I'd almost be 64! Don

Thu May 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Hey Mona, that was great - don't remember every hearing that one before. Saved a copy to my archives - and yes, I have been known to send post-cards (and birthday/anniversary cards too).

Don - fortunately, I did not get caught in the traffic this morning (the one I saw was on I-5 near Boeing Field and had an 11 mile backup of traffic trying to get through). I sure don't miss the commute these days !!

mikey

Fri May 30, 2014 2:41 am

gpsmikey wrote:Hey Mona, that was great - don't remember every hearing that one before. Saved a copy to my archives ...mikey

You are joking, right?
Where were you in the year '67 of the last century ? :D :D
Have a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_I%27m_Sixty-Four

Fri May 30, 2014 7:32 am

In 1967 I was a junior in high school and while I was aware of the Beetles, I was not a Beetles fan - I was more into the 50's and early 60's music and lots of playing with electronics, photography (back when we actually had darkrooms and chemicals and stuff) and cars. I think I was in charge of the local chapter of "Nerds R Us". :twisted:

mikey

Fri May 30, 2014 8:52 am

OK, I asked my wife if she remembered it - not only does she remember it, but she can sing along with it and even play parts of it on the clarinet (what she played in band back in those years). I guess I am the "odd one out" (nothing new there !! ). Still have my hair though (although it is getting grey these days).

mikey

Fri May 30, 2014 9:16 am

gpsmikey wrote:OK, I asked my wife if she remembered it - not only does she remember it, but she can sing along with it and even play parts of it on the clarinet (what she played in band back in those years). I guess I am the "odd one out" (nothing new there !! ). Still have my hair though (although it is getting grey these days).
mikey

Well..... :D
I'm not sure that I remember it from those years, exactly.
It's been played in so many radio and TV shows since then, that one cannot really forget it. :D

Fri May 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Mikey -

Happy Birthday and many more! What better way to celebrate than with the Beatle's singing "When I'm 64".

Quick "age" joke:

His wife gave him a 65th birthday party and invited all their relatives and friends. After all the guests left, he thanked his wife for arranging the surprise, but also looked a bit sad.
She asked "What's the matter, darling?"
He answered: "I was hoping that at least one person would have told me I don't look a day over 60."
Trying to lift his spirits, she answered: "Oh darling, don't be sad--you did look 60, but on your 55th birthday!"

Anyway, cheers to our next milestone birthdays!

- Dean A.
Post a reply