PAYPAL PHISHING SCAM

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Re: PAYPAL PHISHING SCAM

Postby Rick546 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:00 am

I got one of these emails a couple of days ago. It was caught by my spam filter but I sent it on to PayPal. Here is the text of the email with the link to click on removed.
---------------------------------
"Update of your account Informations

Dear ΡayΡal User,

We're constantly working to make ΡayΡal safer, simpler and more convenient for you. This means that from time to time we have to update our customers informations to make sure that they are safe and they can make safty online payments.

What do I need to do?

Click here to sign in to your account and update your informations to make sure that your account is safe and your payment are secure .

If you have any problems contact our support for more informations.

Sincerely,

ΡayΡal"
-----------------------------------------------
The tip-offs for me were the consistent use of the word "informations" and if you're reading it on a computer, if you hover your mouse over the "click here" link, you'll see that it takes you to a site other than PayPal.

Re: PAYPAL PHISHING SCAM

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:55 am

Yes, I got one of those a while back, too, but everything was spelled correctly. The first tip-off for me was that PayPal never asks for information like what was apparently being asked for, but just to be sure, I did the same as you at the hovering end of things.

People who do things like that ought to be tied down to a fire ant hill.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Previous

Return to Odds & Ends