How Do I Navigate Forum Posts

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

How Do I Navigate Forum Posts

Postby Curtiscop » Wed May 14, 2014 5:01 am

Hi All,

I've tried to figure out the 'system' of posts, and replies to post. Specfically, is there a way (and I'm sure there is ....) that I can list or 'sort' the post and replies, so I can list them by Latest Posts, Post with New Replies, etc.

I've tried to 'study' the way posts are listed in forums (the order), but feel like I'm going over and over the ones I've already looked at, to find new ones that I haven't post.

Okay .... tell me the 'secret' of how to keep organized with keeping up with all the posts.

Thanks (as always) for the GREAT help !!

Curt'
Dream what you want to dream; go where you
want to go; be what you want to be,
Because you have only one life and one chance
to do all the things you want to do.

Re: How Do I Navigate Forum Posts

Postby debngar » Wed May 14, 2014 5:23 am

Hover over the drop-down arrow at the upper right corner next to your [logon name] for viewing options. Also there is a "display previous posts by" option at the bottom of a thread. Once you reply to a thread, there is an options tab tick box list at the bottom left to subscribe to notifications, attach signature etc. But also you can subscribe/unsubscribe to threads you haven't posted to at the bottom left of threads too. Explore the user control panel settings under the GEAR icon in the top right quadrant of the screen.

Hope that gets you started.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Curtiscop » Wed May 14, 2014 5:33 am

Debbie,

Thanks "so Much". Now, this 'down arrow' you directed me to ..... you are not going to believe this; but it was NOT there before, but now it is. "HONEST" (LOL)

Okay .... it was !!!!! I'm always so good at trying to figure things out myself, even though unlike most men ... I "WILL" stop and ask for directions !! You have helped my day a little brighter, and my mouse thanks you too .. I won't be working it to death like before going all over the posts in the forums.

"Thank You, Thank You"

Curt'
Dream what you want to dream; go where you
want to go; be what you want to be,
Because you have only one life and one chance
to do all the things you want to do.

Postby debngar » Wed May 14, 2014 5:42 am

:D

One more thing. To search/find something in archives via the magnifying glass using more than one word, the way to get the system to recognize all the key words is to put a "+" in front of each word and separate each word with a space - such as ---> +navigate +posts

Using quotes to surround key words does not work.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to Odds & Ends