TIPS: How to move Proshow & slide shows to new computer

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Esteemed Member

TIPS: How to move Proshow & slide shows to new computer

Postby Aida » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Today's Photodex Blog had an article that caught my attention, for I'm considering getting a new, better, more powerful computer in the near future. Here's the link to the article in the Photodex Knowledge Base in case you haven't seen it yet:
http://kb.photodex.com/5484/installing- ... -computer/

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: To quote Photodex:

. . . this article in the Photodex Knowledge Base explains, step-by-step how to migrate your slideshows to a new computer. You’ll learn how to succesfully migrate your copy of ProShow and all of your shows to your new system, headache free!

Headache free sounds good to me :)
-aida
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must
carry it with us or we find it not." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Esteemed Member

Re: TIPS: How to move Proshow & slide shows to new computer

Postby mikemullett » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:47 am

Thanks Aida - have transferred everything over BUT how do I get my Templates over - where do they live :?
I have created many new templates on the main machine, but the only one that exist in the transferred version are the default one that came with the programme,
Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Postby cherub » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:53 am

mikemullett wrote:Thanks Aida - have transferred everything over BUT how do I get my Templates over - where do they live :?
I have created many new templates on the main machine, but the only one that exist in the transferred version are the default one that came with the programme,
Mike

Hi Mike,
Just like slide styles and transitions that can be exported directly from Producer, and then imported, you can do the same with templates. The procedure is a bit different in each version.
Producer 5:
Show > Show Template >Export Template
Select all the templates that you want and then press on Export
Export to a directory or flash drive, and then import from there by the same procedure.

Producer 6:
Tools > Manage Show Templates >
Select the templates and press Export
Export to a directory or flash drive, and then import from there by the same procedure.

As to your question:
The templates "live" in ProgramData/Photodex/templates
But, for people who don't want to mess up with computers, I recommend the method that I described above.

Esteemed Member

Postby mikemullett » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:01 am

Thanks Mona - to the rescue again :D
Mike
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Return to Odds & Ends