Vimeo

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Honorary ProShow PHD

Vimeo

Postby Penny47 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Can someone please tell me if Vimeo is Free or do I have to pay to use it, I could not find anything on the Net about that. Also would like a little feed back on what people think about it.

Cheers Penny

Re: Vimeo

Postby debngar » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:11 pm

Vimeo offers free and paid account options. Read the FAQ section.

http://vimeo.com/help/faq
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Thanks Debbie

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:29 am

I have one of the free Vimeo accounts. I don't use it much, but it seems to be just fine. One thing to be aware of - when you upload your show to Vimeo, it takes a while for them to convert it to the format they want and make it available (they will send you a link when it has been processed ). The period of time in "a while" depends on if you are using a paid account or a free one - paid ones go faster, but even the free one is something like a couple of hours or so if I remember correctly (it has been a while since I uploaded a show and I have not had my coffee so brain still fuzzy .... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :roll: )

Here was the last one I uploaded to vimeo - kind of a fun spoof on the original "Fab Four" theme when some Trumpeter swan pictures I had taken the day before (I had also recorded their "talking" with a portable recorder that I added).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:47 pm

Thanks Mikey, I think I may look into it just for use at times. I don't want to pay for it though.
Penny

Return to Odds & Ends