ProShow Web

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

ProShow Web

Postby Betty » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:24 pm

I've been a user of Proshow Producer 5 and most recently Producer 6. Over the past year, I never tried the WEB version and decided today was the day.

It didn't work for me. It states I have an unsupported browswer. I am using IE 10. I took a screen print of both the message and my IE 10 Info and sent it to Photodex.

I'll let you know what transpires. I was curious if anyone else encountered this.

Thanks,
Betty

Re: ProShow Web

Postby debngar » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:09 pm

I don't know if this will make any difference but as of this moment, I think the latest version of IE is 11.0.2 according to the "about Internet Explorer" information in the click down menu through the browser gear icon upper right corner. It costs nothing to update.

If that doesn't work, you might try accessing ProShow Web with Firefox or Chrome. My default browser is set to Mozilla's Firefox and I've rarely had problems that I can recall with that browser.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby PhotoMill » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:36 pm

I agree with Debbie. Keep your browser(s) up to date.

Using Firefox at this end and Proshow Web works quite well. That being said, an out of date browser will definitely cause heartache !
Please keep us posted as to how things evolve for you.

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby Betty » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks Debbie and Photomill. I had upgraded to IE 11 back in November and encountered problems and had rolled back. So from your feedback, I thought I would give it another try and upgrade from IE 10 to IE 11. So far so good, but I still can't work in ProShow Web. I hope I hear something back from Photodex on Monday. In the meantime, I pulled out my old laptop that runs Vista and has Firefox and I was able to see what it looks like at least. So peculiar!

I'll let you know what Photodex says.

Regards,
Betty

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:32 am

You might want to download and install Firefox, given that it seems to work on your old laptop. I doubt the problem is a function of Vista vs. Win 7 or 8. Also, it's never a bad thing to have more than one browser anyway. Some sites have been built such that they work better with a specific browser, though in my own experience, the browser most likely to cause problems is Internet Explorer. Of course, this is anecdotal and probably doesn't mean much to anyone other than me. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to Odds & Ends