Mike, I like the now look.

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Re: Mike, I like the now look.

Postby im42n8 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:44 am

Additionally, the little teeny, tiny, itsy bitsy red circled arrow is at least 1/3 of the height of the topic box on my screen. And the RED topic sure stands out from all of the others on my screen.

Dale

PS Change CAN be good ... it's just different. :)
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby heckydog » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:55 am

This is what I see:

Joe

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:43 am

Joe, what you're seeing isn't what I'm seeing. The entire title is colored red for me.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:28 pm

To skip to the latest (new) posts in a thread without having to click to the initial page, scroll down, etc, if you click on the teeny tiny arrow (not the bigger one), it's takes you directly there, bypassing all the other posts and pages, etc.

That I can remember, it's always been teeny-tiny.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:12 pm

It appears that the "View New Posts" function is working as it was designed, but a change to how the forum software handles login history has affected what appears when the "View New Posts" search is conducted.

In the past the topics listed would appear for a certain amount of time and then drop off of that search regardless of whether you read the posts are not. The new way those topics are listed is that any topic that was created or responded to since your last login will appear.

I think the confusion most will run into is in how the login history is determined. I noticed that the forum listed my last visit as being Thursday, October 17. Every new topic or response to a topic showed up since that time and date when I did a "View New Posts" search. As the days moved on the list continued to grow without anything dropping off. Even though I wasn't viewing the site 24/7 and had turned off my computer for much of the time since the 17th, the forum acts as though it's the same visit because I never logged out of the forum. This is different than how visits were handled in the past and there's no way to change that according to the developers.

The only way to reduce the amount of topics being listed when doing a "View New Posts" search is to actually log out and log back in. That will remove everything from the list and begin anew.

Hope that clears up that function.

Mike

Postby heckydog » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:16 pm

BarbaraC wrote:Joe, what you're seeing isn't what I'm seeing. The entire title is colored red for me.

Barbara

Apparently you and Dale, and probably everyone else, is getting a red title :( .

It might have to do with how I log on to the forum. I created a bookmark that takes me directly to View new posts so I skip the main page. I'll have to check into it.

Joe

Postby im42n8 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Nah Joe, I'm going the bookmark route most of the time. Gets me right to the page I want to see quicker. I'm not sure why we're seeing something different. I'm using a beta version of FF to view this site. Maybe it's the browser? If it's not that, then, it's those pesky gremlins again!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby obeeone » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:41 pm

G'day All

If you have finished reading all you want or are interested in, you can go to the home page and at the bottom left you will see a "Mark Forums Read" button if you click on that, the next time you connect without logging out it will bring up only the newposts since you marked the forums read.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:05 pm

If you have finished reading all you want or are interested in, you can go to the home page and at the bottom left you will see a "Mark Forums Read" button if you click on that, the next time you connect without logging out it will bring up only the newposts since you marked the forums read.

That will change all the markers to blue, but the topics will still show up in the "View New Posts" search.

Logging out is the only way to clear the "View New Posts" list.

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:40 am

heckydog wrote:
BarbaraC wrote:Joe, what you're seeing isn't what I'm seeing. The entire title is colored red for me.

Barbara

Apparently you and Dale, and probably everyone else, is getting a red title :( .

It might have to do with how I log on to the forum. I created a bookmark that takes me directly to View new posts so I skip the main page. I'll have to check into it.

Joe

Aha! I didn't catch that you were using the "View new posts" function. If you arrive at the main page where all forums are listed, any new threads or threads with new posts are highlighted in red, which works essentially the same as viewing new posts. You can either look at what's new or, if anything isn't in your wheelhouse, you can mark that section as having been read. Maybe this would work better for you.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Valued Member

Postby Tonel » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:04 am

Mike the new look is great. Nice and clean and easy to read. And it certainly looks better on my tablet (Pipo M7) than the old version.

Nice work and thank you.

Tony
Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, C=250GB 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PSP9
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit

Postby irwin » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:08 am

MG - Admin wrote:The "View New Posts" feature hasn't changed. There's a default timeframe that posts will continue to show up in that list. They will fall off as time goes on. The posts marked in red will be the ones you haven't viewed yet.

Mike

Mike,

is it possible to add "Mark forums read" button to "View unread posts" page?

Previous

Return to Odds & Ends