From Photodex: Free Effects for ProShow

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Esteemed Member

From Photodex: Free Effects for ProShow

Postby Aida » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:52 am

***** FREE EFFECTS FROM PHOTODEX *****
New users of Pro Show might not be aware of the fact that periodically PHOTODEX offers free effects. Currently there are 14 such free effects for downloading. Here's the link:

:arrow: FROM PHOTODEX:
To watch these free effects in action & download them:
http://www.slideshowblog.com/category/freebies-and-giveaways/

PHOTODEX also has an article with step-by-step instructions on how to manually install an effect in Pro Show. Here's the link:
:arrow: FROM PHOTODEX:
How to Manually install an effect in ProShow:
http://kb.photodex.com/3073/manually-in ... n-proshow/

Hope some of you will find this information useful.
-aida
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must
carry it with us or we find it not." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: From Photodex: Free Effects for ProShow

Postby bobradarbob » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:05 pm

I've wondered something and so I'll ask it since it applies to these free effects. When reading the details of a past free effects offered by Photodex, I noticed text that stated that the free effect was created from currently existing Transition Pack (X) and/or Style Pack (Y), etc. Does that mean that if I happen to own the Photodex products from which these free effects were created that I really don't need to download the effects since I should already have them??

Thanks for clearing this up,

bob

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:13 am

I checked into that issue from another angle, given that I don't own any of their packs. Some of the freebies sort of worked and some not so much. What you won't have are the specific effects used in the freebies. Test it out, seeing if you can recreate a freebie by using what's in the pack. My sense of it when fiddling around was that, yes it could be done, but it would require more than clicking the Apply button.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:36 am

I've only downloaded a couple of these in the past. Simply put, I would say in general, what you get for free is the theme related image content. But the images can be used in your shows in your own personal slide designs in addition to stylepacks used in the demo that must be purchased. As Barbara put it, it would take more clicks if you want to design your own styles to match the demo...or buy the packs.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby trulytango » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:11 pm

I seem to recall that some of the free effects packs might contain a new, free transition once in a while, but mainly they are simply a selection of slide-style layouts comprising coloured or patterned backgrounds and frames, along with some basic movements.

The demos showcase the free themes beautifully, but they are regularly enhanced by transitions and other slide styles that are only available to buy in packs elsewhere in their store. Although the free themes themselves are very welcome, and useful, it is often the other transitions and slide style effects that add the WOW factor to the demos. 8)
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Return to Odds & Ends