Printer Recommendation

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Valued Member

Printer Recommendation

Postby lynn1102 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:27 pm

I did a search and it's been several years since printers were discussed. My faithful R200 is dying from lack of ink. The printer still works, when it has ink, but I hate to spend that much money on ink. Last price I got locally was $75.00 for refills and over a hundred for new Epson's. The local Ink Stop store was great (25.00 for a full set), but they are no longer in business- maybe that's why. This will be used mainly for dvd/cd printing.

I have a copier and a scanner, so don't really need an all in one. I can't find anything on HP, Canon, or Lexmark. Is Epson my only option? Some of the Epson's get really pricey.

Lynn

Valued Member

Re: Printer Recommendation

Postby DonM » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:20 pm

I decided to keep my R280 after looking at other available printers and considering my usage.

I had been having problems with blockages and running the cleaning cycle used a lot of ink. I have solved that problem by turning the printer on each day and running the Nozzle Check every few days. No blockages now.

Tryhttp://www.4inkjets.com/Epson-Stylus-Photo-R200-printer-ink-cartridges-toner for better price than local. I have had good results for several years with them.

Don

Postby Astra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:30 am

Lynn,
by my opinion ( and experience):
- if you current printer works: - keep it as long as it is economical a without technical hick-ups ....
... & you can try to find less expensive cartridges ....

I don't know, what your experience with "remanufactured" cartridges is - but: what about this option?: http://www.amazon.com/Remanufactured-Ca ... 00+printer

Amazon is dependable, (we are using it as source for technical & household items for about 6 years) -
- price is usually very good, delivery fast (many times: 2 days), for lots of items: Shipping is FREE !!! - (& they have marvelous 30 days returns).

One thing is very valuable in Amazone Website:
- user's comments & "star" rating - in this case: 3.5 stars is "nothing too much to write home about" ....
.... but for 17 bucks - at least couple of cartridges could do the job .....

As for NEW printer (if you will be deciding): I do not have any experience with Epsons.
I was usualy "HP" end user, so we've got last year HP Photosmart - mainly for DVD/CD printing .... works well.
All these printers are "hogs" for soaking ink like sponges - but results from this HP were very profesional looking.

Hope, these above notes will be usefull - for your work now & even future decision-making.
Astra/Alex

Postby silverfox » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:28 pm

We have had great luck with remanufactured ink cartridges from Amazon made by Eco Ink.

Valued Member

Postby lynn1102 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Thanks guys, Didn't have too much time to look for printers - family member in hospital, then passed away, funeral and all the stuff that goes with it.

I was in the middle of a project, so I broke down and bought a set of inks. Printer itself works find. When I did check locally, I only found the all in one printers, but only one of them did disks. I had checked the HP site, but couldn't find the one that does dvd's. I thought I had seen one at one time but it may be discontinued by now.

For refills for the Epson, the original cartridges are chipped, so if the refills don't have the chip, they may not work. I should be OK for now but will check out the Amazon inks. Thanks

Lynn

Return to Odds & Ends