Recommend Printer

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Valued Member

Recommend Printer

Postby lynn1102 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:00 am

I thought I'd be retired by now, but people keep giving me work to do. I have been using my trust Epson R200 printer since it came out for labeling cd's and dvds. Other than having to replace the disc tray it still works - it's only used for disc printing. On my last project it started gasping and asking for more ink. All are now below the 20% level. Checking prices on line and locally, a full set now costs between 90 and 120 dollars. Refills are 70 to 75 dollars. I did some searching for a new printer, but not having much luck. I actually found a young guy (kid) at Staples who never heard of a printer that printed "ink" labels on a dvd. He thought only lightscribe did that.
Anyway, since I haven't needed a printer for years, I don't really know what's out there. Any recommendations? Thanks

Lynn
Emerich Video Service

Re: Recommend Printer

Postby texbrandt » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:12 am

The last 3 or 4 printers I have bought from Epson clearance center online, and paid very little more than the cost of the ink for the printer with the ink. They don't always have what you need at any given time, but the stock changes nearly every day. It's worth a look anyway.
"Seeking questions for life's persistent answers."
http://texbrandt.com/blog

Postby Oldguy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:26 pm

I bought a Epson Artisan 835, and really like it!!
Prints DVD's perfectly, mine is networked, but
they come both ways.

Forrest

Postby Amazing.Edna » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Our favorite printer in shop is our wireless Brother MFC-J6910dw

Professional Series Inkjet All-in-One with up to 11" x 17" Duplex Printing and TouchScreen Display

Print, copy, scan and fax up to 11" x 17" (ledger size) for high impact business documents
Duplex Printing for creating two-sided documents up to 11" x 17"‡
Helps increase productivity with duplex (two-sided) scanning, copying and faxing, up to 8.5" x 14" (legal size)
Easy to setup wireless (802.11b/g/n) or wired Ethernet networking
3.3" TouchScreen Color LCD Display - Easily navigate through menus and preview faxes

Postby debngar » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:24 pm

When I had to replace my Epson ink jet I used to print my dvds I went directly to the Epson website to pick one or two models that fit my needs. Then I purchased the one I have through B&H Photo Video because retail stores around here had low to no inventory available at the time.

Because new models seem to come out every year, I'd recommend checking the current ones available via Epson directly at first, else you might be on a goose chase trying to find an older one someone may suggest that has been discontinued.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Valued Member

Postby lynn1102 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:21 am

Thanks for the replies guys. My ISP was out for a while so I couldn't get back.
I do have a printer, scanner that scans 16 slides at a time, and a copier, so I don't really need the one piece units. This Epson is used only for disc printing. I never cared for the one piece units anyway cause if the printer goes out, the whole thing is out. While scouting last week, I had run across an HP model printer that did dvds, but haven't been able to find it again. I'll have to check out that bargain basement stuff - sound like a possible.
And also since I am sort of retired, I don't want or need anything real expensive. If I were sure I'd get the used out of it, I might try it. Thanks again.

Lynn

Return to Odds & Ends