Epson Artisan 710

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Epson Artisan 710

Postby midiboy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:43 pm

I bought an Epson Artisan 710 for printing my Cd/DVD Disc, but I can't get it to print to other paper stock
except 20 & 25 pound paper. It will not feed any other stock thickness. I've been using my Hp Deskjet Photo
Printer 9800d until it died on me. I got the 710 to print one time on quality photo paper and it is great, but
it will work regularly on any other stock 20 & 24 pound. I've cleaned all the rollers and that is when I got it to work the one time on Photo paper.

Anyone have some ideas. I tried putting one Photo stock in no go. And I've left 20 pound paper in with the photo stock on top. Then I put 10 pages of Photo stock and still it will not feed.

Thanks

midiboy47
Proshow Producer, Photoshop CC 6-64, Audition CC 6-64, Sonar X3-64, Finale 2014, Kurzweil PC-3X/Orch Module Keyboard,Kurzweil PC-2X/Orch Rack Sound Module, Edirol Um-880 Midi Patchbay, Nikon D-50, Sony HDV HVR-Z1 Video Cam and Windows 8-64 Ultimate.

Re: Epson Artisan 710

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:55 am

It might be best to contact Epson support directly for help since they have the most information concerning your printer.
One thing I do know is that the photo paper used for photo printing must be the recommended type for the printer used. If other photo paper is used, then the associated paper profile must be loaded and chosen when printing. This tells the printer how much ink to deposit for the specific kind and brand of paper. Using other papers without a profile will produce unacceptable results.

I don't know if the less expensive printers have ability to load/use other profiles as my older Epson did not. But my Epson 1430 does.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/ ... ilesAll.do
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to Odds & Ends