Windows 7 Help for MacUser

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Windows 7 Help for MacUser

Postby Bevie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:24 am

I've been struggling with what should be simple things to do on Windows 7. This is my first experience with Windows as I have always used Mac's. To use producer I installed Parallels, so now I'm learning some very basic Windows 'stuff''. :oops:

In Mac I've always been able to resize a window (like for the internet) or the window of a program to any size I need it to be but I just can't figure out to do that with Windows 7. And how do I resize the Producer window (I mean the whole window not just a section of it like Folder List or File List)?

Thanks in advance.
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Windows 7 Help for MacUser

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:10 am

You can grab the window by its header and this will undock it. You ccould also use the middle button RESTORE, right next to the minimixze button in the upper right hand corner, to undock it. Once the window is undocked you can move it by using the header. You can resize it by grabbing either the top/bottom/sides/or corner and resize. Pretty much the same thing as the Mac, except the controls are in the upper right instead of the upper left.

Regards,
-Vernon

Re: Windows 7 Help for MacUser

Postby Bevie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:34 pm

It worked :D Thanks so much for your help. I tried this also on the window for Producer and noticed that I can resize it a little but not as much as a Windows window .

Have another question but will post it in another Forum - need help with deleting shows. Thanks again : D
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Return to Odds & Ends