Is the Memory Magic website owner on this forum?

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Is the Memory Magic website owner on this forum?

Postby kojaysnana » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi All<

I've been gone a looooong time. I hope everyone is well!

I just stopped in because I ran across a website, Memory Magic. I can tell the slideshows are made by PSP...I just wanted to say... your slideshows are awesome!!!!!

I've been sleep and stuck in a rut...looking at your slideshows made me wake up...WOW...I love them.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Karen

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Is the Memory Magic website owner on this forum?

Postby Rosemary » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Glad to see you back, Karen. I agree with you that there are great slideshow artists on this forum. I hope you look in on us often from now onwards! I have learned such a lot through this forum.

Rosemary

Postby trulytango » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi Karen... welcome back to PSE :D

Not sure which of the demos you watched, but the one on the home page, and a handful of others I dipped into, did not appear to be done wholly in PSP - more likely that Adobe After Effects is the software responsible for the 3D 'look' and camera angles especially.

EDIT
A quick search of members reveals MemoryMagic who has posted only once, back in July.
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby kojaysnana » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Thanks Rosemary and TrulyTango!! Yes, I checked out her website. She uses a lot of AE, but she is using PSP too, I saw a lot of Choiceslides work and some of the slidestyles that come with PSP, especially in her memorial tributes. I wish I could get into that AE thing...oh well.

Thanks for the replies guys. You're an awesome group!!

Karen

Postby sasha123 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 am

I had spoken to the owner of Memory Magic earlier this year, back when I was starting my very small business doing something similar (she and I are both in Canada). She is amazing and yes, I remember her discussing After Effects (which i wish I had the time to learn more about right now) and she had pointed me in the direction of some of the slide styles and templates available by Choice Slides, Frame Locker etc. She does beautiful work!

~Sasha

Postby MemoryMagic » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 am

Hello! So sorry for the slow reply :oops: , I wish I had more time to come here - this is such a great site! Never enough time in the day!!

Thanks, Sasha123 for finding me on facebook and sending me this link.

And thanks very much for all of the nice comments on my work .. I do appreciate hearing feedback and I love to hear what people like and don't like with my work!

Yes, I do use a few different programs when creating my slideshows. After Effects is my motion editor, but you can basically only use one or two clips per show because of the size. I always use PSP to pull it all together at the end. And of course I love ChoiceSlides, Monasblog, Digitaljuice ... Digitalhotcakes - these guys make OUR jobs soooo much easier and just save so much time! 8)

Anyways, thanks again for the nice comments .. please contact me directly if anyone has any further comments or questions, always happy to help if I can.

Kindest regards,
Lori Bossert
Memory Magic
http://www.memorymagic.ca
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them FEEL" M. Angelou"

Return to Odds & Ends