Set your clocks !!

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Set your clocks !!

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:01 am

For many of us, it is that time of year again - don't forget to set the clocks in your cameras :lol: (off to set mine before I forget ... )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Re: Set your clocks !!

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:47 pm

And don't be surprised if ProShow decides it's time to re-cache all your styles and transitions. It happens to a lot of us twice a year. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Didn't have that experience, but I did have to delete the history, cookies and cache from Firefox after it decided it would no longer play a number of tutorials including a bunch of the ones Photodex uploaded to YouTube (ones that had played a day earlier). Tried the suggested approach of starting FireFox in safe mode. Didn't solve it so it wasn't a pluging/add-on. Found others with the same issue (black screen, no controls, no play) who said they had to clear the cache/cookies/history. Did that and now it plays the files again - not sure if it was something screwed up in the cache or just what, but keep it in mind if you run into it.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby cherub » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Thank you for reminding me Mikey.
Now I can put to test my theory about ProShow catching transitions even when the local time is something else, and not the US one.

As to Firefox:
I have the feeling that this browser is no longer what it used to be a few years ago.
On my computer it's completely out of control.
A few days ago, it refused to open new windows. It took forever just to open it. Then, all of a sudden, it started to work normally.
I have a few add-ons (extensions) that stopped functioning all of a sudden. That is, they did function, but they disappeared from the tray, so they couldn't be activated.
Then, after a month or so, all of a sudden, they reappeared in the tray.

BTW, I do empty Firefox cache and cookies on a regular basis.

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:04 am

I've had no Firefox issues at all, but because of the mention of add-ons, I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I use a bare minimum. I have AdBlock and Avast extensions plus a few plug-ins for things like Quicktime and Flash, but that's it. Is it possible the trouble is caused by something I don't have?

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby im42n8 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:09 am

Some time ago (in the recent past), FF was really working slow. It's one of the reasons I started using Chrome alot (tho FF remained by primary browser). Just on a lark, because I could NOT believe FF could be that SLOW, I decided to disable some add-ons. What a NIGHT-and-DAY difference in speed! So, I'm much more careful about the add-ons I use in it. Yep, they were the culprit. FF is really fast ... and so is Chrome. I just like FF a whole lot better. But, I also have Safari, IE9, and Opera around just to check things out (comparison "shopping").

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:22 am

I also only have a few add ons to FireFox - mostly the flash player, pxplay and things like that. I suspect my issue was related to the fact I had a number of windows in FF open overnight with YouTube stuff on them (paused) when the power failed here - only about 5 minutes, but it took things down. It was after that when FF refreshed the windows that it would not play some stuff. First time I had run into that.

mikey

Return to Odds & Ends