External Blu-ray Burner Recommendation

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Valued Member

External Blu-ray Burner Recommendation

Postby V.B. » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:51 pm

I seemed to remember seeing a thread somewhere on this site regarding external blu-ray burners used by some of the PSE members, but I couldn’t find it. Sorry for reposting this question, if I missed it elsewhere.

I’m planning to purchase an external blu-ray burner soon and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a particular brand/model? One I’m considering is the Buffalo Media Station 12X External USB 3.0 Blu-ray Writer (Model BR3D-12U3), or their MediaStation 8X External Blu-ray Writer (Model BR-X816U2). Anyone here who uses these BD burners or another brand? What should I look for? I plan on using it primarily for burning BD copies of some of my shows created in Producer. Also, if anyone has experience with white inkjet printable BD disks, I’d appreciate any comments or recommendations. Thanks!

Vic B.

Re: External Blu-ray Burner Recommendation

Postby heckydog » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:47 pm

I use an Asus internal burner so I can't recommend an external one. All I can say is I had 2 internal Asus dvd burners so when I was ready to get a BD burner I bought another Asus. They have been reliable for almost 3 years. I always use Imgburn to burn dvd and BD.

I looked for TY printable bluray discs and couldn't find any so I ended up getting some Ridata 4X discs. I've burned maybe 30-40 discs so far without a coaster so I'd have to say I'm happy with them and the price is right, a tad over $1 a disc most of the time. I get them at supermediastore.com. Here's a link:

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/ ... media-25pk

Usually I opt for TY or Verbatim but as long as the Ridata continue to perform well I'll stick with them.

Joe

Re: External Blu-ray Burner Recommendation

Postby sasha123 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:01 am

I, too, am looking for an external Blu-Ray writer and seem to think that Buffalo Media Station one may be best - did you have any luck or have you purchased or tried it (or another model)? I would love to hear your experience, as I need to do the exact same thing for clients!!

I use inkjet-printable DVDs - feel free to message me if you are still wondering any info. I use an Epson Artisan 730 and it prints nicely on them!

~Sasha

Return to Odds & Ends