controlling projectors remotely

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

controlling projectors remotely

Postby unclemanny » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:50 pm

I give scientific presentations to a variety of audiences in a variety of auditoriums and venues and use PRODUCER because the variety of Styles, Themes, etc. make somewhat lifeless presentations spectacular. In the vast majority of venues I have had a problem using the installed projector's remote clicker. Is there any way of knowing, or finding out what computer key is used by remote control clickers on a variety of projectors. In most cases there is no way to know before hand any information about the kind of projector that is set up on sight. Having to sit at the computer to press the <SPACE BAR> or <ENTER> keys works, but it makes interrelating with the audience less than acceptable.

I'm sure there is a simple answer to my problem.
All that schooling and I'm still overwhelmed by this.

Thanks in advance.

Re: controlling projectors remotely

Postby sonjiab » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:55 am

I use the Logitech Professional Presenter then it does not matter which projector is in use.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/for-busin ... 0-business

Postby unclemanny » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:07 am

sonjiab,

What a great item! I'm most appreciative for your suggestion. I had no idea such an item existed.

I assume you must have to set it for each projector-- no major problem. Does it plug into USB of the projector or computer? I ask because I have found several older, high end projectors do not have USB ports.

Thanks again,

Uncle Manny

Postby sonjiab » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:27 am

It plugs into the USB of your laptop or computer and sends the forward, back, enter commands via laptop keyboard

Postby PhotoMill » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi.., I'd like to ask a somewhat similar question. Does anyone have any hands on experience with a remote controlled webcam ?? I'm talking zoom, pan etc. The venue for the camera on a tripod (connected to a laptop) is about 400 miles from my home. The conference needs to be recorded but from my home, I would like to be able to do all of the remote fixing (pan and zoom) either via Skype or some other program. The audience will be selective but it will be transmitted through one of the Citrix programs and I'm thinking "GoToWebinar" as the medium.

Any thoughts on this one as well ??

Tks...

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Return to Odds & Ends