Choice Backgrounds question

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Choice Backgrounds question

Postby goswick » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi,

Has anyone successfully purchased anything from Choice Backgrounds? I went to their web site and purchased a template for PS Producer. The site took my credit card and told me my stuff was ready for download. When I go to the download link I get "webpage is not available" and therefore unable to get the product I paid for. I sent an email via their contact page about 12 hours ago and have not heard any response. I feel like I've been scammed. :?:
Peter C. Goswick
Viewpoint Video
www.viewpointvideo.net

Site Admin

Re: Choice Backgrounds question

Postby MG - Admin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Jennifer is a very reputable vendor so you're not being scammed. She's had some issues with her site recently so maybe that is partly to blame.

She's a member here so if I were you I'd send her a PM letting her know about your troubles.

Good luck!

Mike

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Yes, Jennifer is definitely on my list of folks that I trust. She has been busy recently converting her "choice Backgrounds" to "Choice Slides" on a different server because of problems with the thieves grabbing her products and doing all sorts of nasty things, but she has been very up front with information here on what was going on and where she was going with her new web page. I'm sure she will get back with you and work the problem.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby goswick » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:23 am

I have emailed her and PM'ed her here on this forum and have not been contacted by her.
Peter C. Goswick
Viewpoint Video
www.viewpointvideo.net

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:06 am

Jennifer will get back to you. Something must be going on that is preventing her from responding, but I assure you it's not because she's chosen not to.

Mike

Postby texbrandt » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:10 am

This is the email addy of the new site choiceslides@gmail.com the new site Choice Slides requires that you register before you can download anything. I have bought from her in the past without any problems, she does great work.

The old site Choice Backgrounds was hacked and someone was giving away her stuff. Don't know that it went beyond that but you might want to check on the card you used.

Robert
http://texbrandt.com/blog
"Seeking questions for life's persistent answers."
http://texbrandt.com/blog

Postby AMD » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:54 pm

I can assure you that there must be a site or card issue. I have purchased many, many, many resources from Jennifer and can vouch that she is not only knowledgeable, generous, and helpful but is an extremely honest vendor who cares about her products and her customers and makes things right!

Ann

Esteemed Member

Postby glyn53 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:25 pm

I,to, have purchased many, many, many times - only this morning in fact, and received my order in minutes. She is a very reputable seller and I would recommend her to everyone.

Glyn

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:16 am

I had to write to Jennifer on Friday about the Slide Show Mall, and she hasn't answered as of today, Sunday. She always gets back to me within hours, not days, and so something is keeping her from her computer. For all we know, her internet service (not her site) could be down.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:43 am

Since we never heard any more from the original poster, can we assume that Jennifer has resolved the problem to your satisfaction ? I would be very surprised if she didn't handle it very promptly once she reappeared in the known universe (this internet stuff either works very fast or not at all depending on the phase of the moon and other (unkown) variables :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby goswick » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:50 am

I am the original poster and I wasn't ever able to download the template I wanted. I finally got in contact with Jennifer via choiceslides.com and she tried to help me but wasn't able to fix the problem but did promptly refund my purchase price. I wasn't aware of the issues she was having with choicebackgrounds.com until someone on this forum mentioned it. Would seem to me that if she wasn't using custombackgrounds for her products any longer that some type of message or redirect on that web site would be beneficial both to her new potential customers and herself.

Although I was disappointed in not getting the product I am satisfied that she is legit and gave her best to make it happen.
Peter C. Goswick
Viewpoint Video
www.viewpointvideo.net

Postby AMD » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Very strange . . . of course, I don't know your particular circumstance, but I just over the weekend . . . after your initial post, in fact, purchased a product from the old Choice Backgrounds site and downloaded it with no issues at all.

Ann

Postby goswick » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Glad you had success...don't know why I was an oddball.
Peter C. Goswick
Viewpoint Video
www.viewpointvideo.net

Postby VidQueen » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi Guys....and Hi Peter...

Obvously an explaination is in order.

Yes, Peter hit the lottery of rotten circumstances all happening at one time. He purchased something right when my (soon to be) old server was experiencing problems. Normally, you can just contact me and I'll find a way around it. At that very moment, however, I was in a car taking my daughters on a mini vacation before Spring Break. I do take my iPad with me every where I go, so I was aware of the problem within a few hours (instead of within a few minutes, if I had been at home). I do have a program that allows me to connect with my home PC from my iPad....aaaaand it wasn't working. I called my husband (who didn't come with us due to work) to get on my computer so I could talk him through how to get Peter his files. My husband unexpectedly decided to take off early that morning to visit his family....2 1/2 hour away. I had no way to connect to my computer....where the files were. The only other option was to contact my webhost (whom I'm leaving in a few weeks) to have them fix the problem, asap. Normally, they're really fast. This day, I seemed to get a tech who was new to the job. I just about had to tell him how to fix the problem with his own server. Needless to say, the problem was fixed....about 16 hours too late for Peter to use the template. :cry:

In an "instant download" world, when servers go down and sole employees go on vacation, you can bet that that is the exact moment that someone will need something extremely imporant and time sensitive.

I'm very sorry for all the trouble Peter. I wish I could have done something to get the files to you. Please accept my apology.

Jennifer

Return to Odds & Ends