Show on iPad ???

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Show on iPad ???

Postby HunnyB » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:29 pm

I saw on the Photodex Blog something about shows on the iPad.
I did not think the program was compatable with Apple ????
:o
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Site Admin

Re: Show on iPad ???

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Create an MP4 file and sync. Or watch via YouTube. There are a few different ways to view shows on an iPad. :D

Mike

Postby AMD » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Hunny,
I create my shows for the Ipad2 with the device settings on Producer and they work great!

Ann

Oops! I forgot to mention that I have them on my new IPhone 4S, too, and am pleased with the way they play.

Postby HunnyB » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:10 am

Great. I just got my iPhone 4S very cool :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:09 am

Hi Ann,

I would be grateful if you could share the Producer settings. I have an IPad but do not know how to get the shows to play.The joys of being technology challenged!

Rosemary

Postby nannybear » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:26 pm

MG - Admin wrote:Create an MP4 file and sync. Or watch via YouTube. There are a few different ways to view shows on an iPad. :D

Mike

Hey Mike, If I make a show and output for iPad and then plop it into my Videos folder for Itunes, will the cloud pick it up? I am loving the cloud!!
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Jan:

I believe it should work as any other file that gets backed up to iCloud. I haven't done it myself as I have my iPad running on 4.3.3 because it's jailbroken and iCloud isn't offered, but I don't see why it wouldn't. Give it a shot and see what happens.

Mike

Postby nannybear » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:45 pm

HunnyB wrote:Great. I just got my iPhone 4S very cool :D

Well Sis, again we are so much alike!! Got mine on Dec 3, black but only got the 16G, as I didn't have plans to store a lot of stuff on it.....hugs Jan
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite

Postby HunnyB » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:10 pm

I got white, but 16 too. :D
HunnyB

Postby nannybear » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Going to try the output to IPad on the show I am doing. Haven't done one in so long, but my girlfriend just became a Gramma, so I am doing a Growth, Birth and First's DVD. Will take all year as the little one grows, so this is a great way to show her the progress of it. Have a super Christmas, love and hugs Jan

Postby AMD » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Rosemary,

Sorry I hadn't responded--have been extremely busy putting together a show of my November European trip and 12-day cruise for a showing last night for my friends who went with me and have been away from the Forum for a few days.

For my IPad2 and my IPhone 4S, I use the Device settings in Producer. You will find them under the Apple listing after you click on Create. (I got in touch with Photodex and was eligible for the free download of the Device plug-in). I haven't tried with just an MP4 not using the device setting but bet that will work, too.

After I create the video I then just put it in the Movies folder in ITunes and plug in my IPad or IPhone and let it sync and they appear and play great.

Hope this helps.

Ann

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:12 pm

These are the settings I use:

Note that I set the resolution to 1024 x 576. This fits the standard 16:9 ratio. You can adjust the resolution to any custom aspect ratio you want to use as long as it matches the ratio you created your show with and that it also fits within the 1024 x 768 that is native to the iPad. Once the mp4 file is saved I sync it to my iPad and it plays great.

Mike

Postby HunnyB » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:49 am

cool, thanks :D
HunnyB

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:31 am

Hi Ann,
Thanks for your reply.I haven't bought the Photodex device so I will follow Mike's advice.

Mike thank you so much for the screen shot. there is truth in saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" I used your your settings last night on a 2 slide show and then emailed it successfully to my IPad. :) :D
Our kids are going to set up a Web page for me this weekend so I shall be able to transfer my shows and then watch them on the IPad

Rosemary

Postby lenmro » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:18 pm

MG - Admin wrote:These are the settings I use:

Note that I set the resolution to 1024 x 576. This fits the standard 16:9 ratio. You can adjust the resolution to any custom aspect ratio you want to use as long as it matches the ratio you created your show with and that it also fits within the 1024 x 768 that is native to the iPad. Once the mp4 file is saved I sync it to my iPad and it plays great.

Mike

Hi
I have just bought PSG 5.0, and any time I try to create a an MPEG-4 video using the settings built into PSG or by creating a custom profile like Mike's, I get a message on the screen saying "the device you have chosen requires a licensed plug-in. please click here for more information."
Am I really going to have to pay $20 for the Photodex plug-in? Is there no way I can create a video for the iPad without spending more money?
Thanks

Next

Return to Odds & Ends