Show on iPad ???

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Re: Show on iPad ???

Postby weidmic » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:27 am

Hi lenmro,

You need to click on Custom Video File and go from there...
Just use the setting as they are in the screenshot.

Regards,
Michael

Postby lenmro » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:59 am

weidmic wrote:Hi lenmro,

You need to click on Custom Video File and go from there...
Just use the setting as they are in the screenshot.

Regards,
Michael

Hi,
yes I tried that. I entered the details like the screenshot, but when I try to use the Custom preset I created still PSG gives me the message "The device you have chosen requires a licensed plug-in. Please click here for more information" and it disables the Create video button
Len

Postby Jean-Paul » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:43 am

Hi everyone,

Len, yes you are right of course, you do need a special licence to get access to those formats. The worst thing about this is that in ProShow Gold you have zero (0) alternative for creating MP4 videos. An extra $20 on top of the price of PSG, is in my view, kind of expansive for a very limited (not to say crippled) program.
I would suggest that ProShow Gold users ask Photodex to at least make the MP4 format available in
the publish > custom video file section (like in ProShow Producer). The more requests, the better your chances of getting it. It would seam very reasonable to me.

Have fun,
Amicalement, Jean-Paul

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby debngar » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:31 am

I could be wrong, but am guessing the license requirement is result of agreement Photodex has with the IP (intellectual property) copyright own(s) of the codes or codexes that make these things work. I may not have explained that perfectly but hopefully you get the idea. It's a royalty fee for the licesnse/permission to use the code and likely passed on back to the copyright holders.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Jean-Paul » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi Debbie,

Yes, I am certain there is a very good reason for the $20 licence. What I am suggesting is that alternatively Photodex could make available the MPEG4 AVC format in publish > create video file. That format is available in Producer whether or not you have the licence for the devices plugin. The MP4 format has become a standard of the video industry used by everyone such as: you tube(HD), etc.

Nice to hear from you Debbie,
Amicalement, Jean-Paul

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby cjthom1991 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:16 pm

I'm using Producer 5 and looking for this information but for an IPhone 5 instead of an IPad. Do anyone have any information on setting up a custom preset for an IPhone 5? Thank you!

Postby debngar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:48 pm

If you've already paid for the mobile device plug-in, you can try giving Photodex a call and see if they will work with you to help create the right format for your iPhone 5 if it's not already available.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:07 am

I think the secret is you can use the settings as MG showed without buying the mobile device license, but you can't SAVE them as a preset - that is where you run into the issue - when you try to save it. You will have to enter those settings each time you want to create that format (or buy the license).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby skb1951 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:54 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if these settings are still relevant with the IPAD 3rd or 4th generation?

Thanks,

Sue
Whether you say you can, or whether you say you can't....you're right!

Proshow Producer 5.0.322, Adobe Elements 8.0, Canon t2i

Previous

Return to Odds & Ends