My mom slipped away from me...

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!

Re: My mom slipped away from me...

Postby Anna J » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Karen,
You made a beautiful memorial show for your mom. I hope it brings you and your family comfort in the days to come.
Anna J
Anna

Postby kojaysnana » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Thank you Anna and Hunny. Hunny, I am sorry to hear about your mom also...I am glad you have found comfort in looking at her photos...I know I'll find my way of dealing soon.
Thanks again,
Karen

Postby VidQueen » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:37 am

I'm so sorry for your loss, Karen. I lost my Dad last year and it was so hard...he was only 67.

Your video is such a wonderful tribute....I just love the song you picked. Life should be celebrated, especially one that was filled with so much love.

Take care of yourself and keep your Mom's memory close by (I have a montage of photos of my Dad in a frame right above my computer monitor....some days I can almost hear his laugh....)

Jennifer

Postby deannainlasvegas » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:14 am

I just want to say how sorry I am to here of your mothers passing, I too just lost mine on Aug 9th and then her birthday was sept 10th, its like a slice in the heart and then another on her birthday...the days are long I still pick up the phone to call her .. I miss our weekends together and can so relate to how you are feeling...I have been lost and out of touch with everyone, which is a reason for my trying to focus on doing a montage dedication for her. I know you do not know me, but if you ever need to talk let me know, its hard for me to talk to anyone other then someone who can relate right now...just the pain is too strong and near hugs to you

Postby kojaysnana » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just came over to say Hi and noticed the last two post. Jennifer, I want to thank you so much. You are so helpful. I contacted you about the clock slide style and you were so helpful and kind. Thank you. I didn't have many pics of mom, they were lost years ago, the few I have, I will always treasure.

Deannainlasvegas, I am so so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. Yesterday was very hard for me. I would usually cook a big dinner for us on Sundays and I hadn't really cooked a big Sunday meal since she passed. Well I cooked yesterday and I couldn't even eat my dinner. Too many memories came flashing back as I cooked and tried to eat. It is so hard and I know the pain you are in right now. I break down crying all the time, I miss her. I want to go and ask her a question and I remember that she is gone. I lost my father in 2008, my brother in 2009 and now my mom. I was devasted when I lost my brother and hurt when I lost my dad, loosing my mom is so different though. It is like a slice in the heart. I'm told the pain will get better, I pray it will for you and me also. If you want to talk, just contact me, we can be there for each other. The people here are great also, I felt so much love when I let them know what had happened and there are lots who have been throught this exact same thing.
I will be praying for you.
Take care,

Karen

Previous

Return to Odds & Ends