Statistics

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Site Admin

Statistics

Postby MG - Admin » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:37 pm

While working on some site maintenance for the forum I took a little closer look at the server stats. It always amazes me at the amount of traffic the forum receives each day, and it's interesting to note how much bandwidth gets used.

2009 YTD as of 9/2/2009:

unique visits - 1 visit equals total time spent at the forum, not for each page clicked on during the session
435.11GB of bandwidth used
116 hosted "Member Created Files" totaling 412MB of storage space
296.87GB of bandwidth used solely for the purpose of members downloading "Member Created Files"
Average 1,000+ unique visitors per day - Unique visitor is determined by IP. Some members may be visiting from multiple IPs
20% of all visitors stay at the forum an average of 12 minutes per session
7,288 registered members
Approximately 2,800 members have posted at least one message
81 members have "donated" in support of the forum - Thanks!
5 members have "donated" more than once - Thanks again!

Re: Statistics

Postby Anna J » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:50 pm

Wow!
Thanks Mike for making this board available to all of us. I appreciate all the time and effort you put into keeping it going. Can you imagine how many calls a day the Photodex Help Line would be getting if most of us didn't look here first when we have a problem.
Anna
Anna

Postby marmart » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:49 am

Wow, how cool to see this! It is amazing how much information is available to those you know how to
access it! THanks Mike,

Mary

Postby lennyman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:56 am

Anna J wrote:Wow!
Thanks Mike for making this board available to all of us. I appreciate all the time and effort you put into keeping it going. Can you imagine how many calls a day the Photodex Help Line would be getting if most of us didn't look here first when we have a problem.
Anna

Anna is right - Maybe Mike should be asking Photodex for a substantial donation :wink:
David

Postby silverfox » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:26 am

Great Site! Great Job! Thanks!

Looks like we all need to make another small (or large) donation to support the cause .... cause it is so great!

Hats off to Mike!

Postby tomdavis » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:13 am

Thanks Mike for your time and effort to keep this forum up and running and making it possible and interesting with members posting for so many.

Tom

Postby Mokummer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:25 pm

Mike.

That’s some very interesting info. I’ve always wondered about this and who is actually paying for hosting and maintenance of this site.

Very disappointing to see that with 7.288 registered members only 81 members donated to this forum!!!!!
The members who donated twice should be recognized for this with a star or something like this.
What’s wrong with people who don’t want to support and only benefit from this!
(I suppose that’s the way it is with the Internet.)

This site provides an enormous amount of good information; maybe it should become access to members only.

Looking at your own info, you are a very busy man, how do you manage?

Thanks Mike!!

A very appreciating Mokummer! :D

Postby psychogramma » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:26 am

A big "THANK YOU, MIKE" for creating this place where we can come together and share.
Wishing you a great time on your upcoming road trip. You will be traveling through some beautiful country. We expect to see some of it when you return. :-)

Be well and enjoy ALL!
Cathy
aka: psychogramma :-)

p.s. Note to all: the "donation" button is at the bottom of each page. It only takes 2 minutes.

Postby AMD » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks, Mike, for all you do! The stats were interesting. In fact, they reminded me that I needed to donate again--even though it was a small pittance. Will try to be a bit more diligent, though, in the future.

Ann

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:04 pm

Without the members and all the valuable information they provide this forum wouldn't be anywhere near as successful as it is. We're coming up on the 4th anniversary of the forum and I never imagined it would be what it is today.

Thanks to everyone that has been involved, contributed, donated, etc! It's made all the time and effort worthwhile.

Mike

Postby bellzerr » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 am

Hey Mike, how about these? Don't go to any trouble, but it might be fun if stats are readily available.

Post with the most views:
Post with the most replies:
Most active post (highest percentage of replies to views):
Longest running post (longest time between original post and last reply):
Hottest post (most replies in the shortest time [not even sure how to mathematically define this one]):
Post with the widest audience (most replies from unique user ids):

Mark

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:57 am

bellzerr wrote:Hey Mike, how about these? Don't go to any trouble, but it might be fun if stats are readily available.

Post with the most views:
Post with the most replies:
Most active post (highest percentage of replies to views):
Longest running post (longest time between original post and last reply):
Hottest post (most replies in the shortest time [not even sure how to mathematically define this one]):
Post with the widest audience (most replies from unique user ids):

Mark

Though these statistics might be nice to see, I wonder how useful it is. People don't bother reading the sticky posts as it is.

I personally would not like to see anything that could potentially encourage trolls to post wacky stuff just so they can get the permanent attention THEY DO NOT DESERVE and to show off to their other troll friends. :shock:

With all respect, I politely disagree to this idea.
Last edited by debngar on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby HunnyB » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:02 am

Mike, I want to donate again -- but seem to be having a senior moment and can't find where I did that before..... :roll:
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby bellzerr » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:16 am

Deb,
I was only thinking in terms of legitimate posts - as insight to where the interests of the active members seems to fall. If Mike can't weed out the junk that may corrupt the findings, I'm certainly in agreement with your thoughts. I love this place and want in no way to encourage those who only visit for their own selfish purposes.
Mark

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 am

Hi Mark,

IMO - Knowing the history that lies within the archives, some of it is really good. Then there are some things that are just better left where they are, still in the forum so we learn from history and try not to repeat it, but not so that there is a lot of attention brought back to them. :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Next

Return to Odds & Ends