Avatar Images & Signature Images

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Site Admin

Avatar Images & Signature Images

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:56 am

With the increased bandwidth requirements of the forum's database I'll need to cut down on how many images are being displayed for each member: one avatar image, or one signature image, but not both. It's pretty taxing on the system to have to load all these images each time a page is pulled up, even if they are small.

Right now I'm asking that if you have an avatar image and a signature image that you choose which one you want to keep and delete the other. I'll leave it up to everyone to take care of this themselves over the next couple of weeks, but after that I'll be contacting you if I see that you still have both.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation on this. It seems like a small issue, but with this many members and the amount of traffic visiting each day it adds up and I don't think we need to unnecessarily push the resources.

Mike

Re: Avatar Images & Signature Images

Postby Banyarola » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:11 am

Hi, I just joined and was editing my profile and can't seem to figure out what I need to do to submit my avatar for my profile.

Thanks for any help..
Bany

Postby Naoki » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:04 pm

> Hi, I just joined and was editing my profile and can't seem to figure out what I need to do to submit my avatar for my profile.

I am new as well and have the same problem. Only the chance was once when we registered the enrollment.
I understand that the admininstrator likes to reduce the memory, but the profile-edit page usually may have such a function. I am feeling sorry to continue discussion without showing my avatar.
Naoki
Last edited by Naoki on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naoki, Tsukuba Japan

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Hello!

Please refer to the following link for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10128

Thanks!

Mike

Return to Odds & Ends