football highlight video

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
snoel022

football highlight video

Postby snoel022 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:41 am

I am helping my son make a video to send out to colleges and we need a way to either highlight him on the video or put an arrow or something above him so that during his defensive plays it is easy to spot him does anyone know how to do this or have any ideas what I could do??

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: football highlight video

Postby DickK » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:51 am

If this is a video then you'll need a video editor to do it, but I'm don't do much with video so I can't make recommendations there. Hopefully, someone will. (Since this isn't specific to PSG I'm going to get his moved to where more folks will see it.)
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

snoel022

Postby snoel022 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:23 am

Thank you so much. This may not even be something I can use producer for I just didnt know where to start so any info will be helpful thank you. I use producer for all our football slide shows and for all other school activities. My husband is the school photographer the kids love the slide shows

Postby Anna J » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:50 pm

Technically, this can be done in Producer, but it would be a huge PITA. :)

If a college scholarship is riding on the video, paying a professional video editor might be a good investment.

I did make you a little sample show with Producer V.4 showing how you can highlight an area of a video (in your case it would be your son). It's only a minute long but because of the video it takes a minute or two to load.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 3507&alb=0

Good luck with your project, and I hope your son gets the scholarship. As Martha would say, scholarships are "a good thing".

Anna
Anna

snoel022

Postby snoel022 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:00 pm

Thank you so much Anna. I really think this will work if I can just do it...(a little unsure of my ability) :shock: I only need it to highlight him before the play starts so they know where he is and can just watch him from that point. I showed you sample to my son and my husband my son was very pleased. He has the video done and it looks great we just didn't know how to make sure they knew who they were watching. I know there is editing software that probably makes it easier but we just didnt have any idea which ones would work. Thanks again,
Susan

Return to Odds & Ends