Proshow Gold Flash

If you have templates, styles, etc. for sale and you'd like to promote your items please post a link to your own web site here with a description of the items. You will be limited to ONE POST PER WEEK. Posting for other members is not allowed. Follow up responses to posts are not allowed. Any questions or requests must be made in private.
RayB

Proshow Gold Flash

Postby RayB » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:13 am

I may be out of order posting my comercial site here. :?: :!:
However it does show what can be done with a short Proshow added to a web site as a Flash file

www.footstepsgambia.com

RayB

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:03 am

Ray,

I went to your site ....... but the buffering took forever. I don't think people on an Internet site will wait that long to view a video. I would suggest you create your shows and save them as an AVI or MPG and get a third party software like Swish Video to convert to Flash. The files will be mush smaller and load faster ....... just my 2 cents worth.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:09 am

Ray

Took less than 2 secs to buffer for me.

Must be getting lost under the Atlantic, crosses Hadrians Wall OK.

Brian

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:24 am

Hi Brian

Hope all is well with you ....... I have had others say that they to were able to download a Flash file rather quickly ...... while others viewing the same site had problems the same as me. Is it just our Internet connection? I'm using Time Warner who took over for Comcast ..... and I have not been pleased with them at all. So, I never know for sure if it's the site or my connection that's the problem.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby czali » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:56 am

Ray,

Was very quick for me as well about 3 secs.

Colleen

Postby rkligman » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:28 pm

It's taking forever on my broadband connection too. The "click me to start" came up in about 3 seconds. Clicking the show brings up the B&W pic and Buffering. I'm up to 5% in about 2 minutes.
Rick Insane Diego...

Postby Scotty » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:14 pm

Ray,

Your flash show loaded in approx 2-3 seconds. Video and sound and ran perfectly.
I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and use Firefox. I find it to be much superior to
Internet Explorer. I would think that people who have to wait a long time for flash
shows to load may have an unreliable ISP and/or computers that need a good
cleaning up (including registry) and regular defragging.

Your "Ecolodge" looks like a wonderful place!

Scotty

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:53 pm

Ray:

The show took about a minute or so to load. The first image appears while the show buffers to 100%. Getting to 100% seems to be the hangup. I'm on a pretty fast cable connection so I don't think that's the issue. I've had the same problems using Flash myself since ProShow doesn't have a way to let the show buffer a small portion and then begin playing while the rest of the show continues to buffer.

Mike

RayB

Postby RayB » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:09 am

Thanks.
You must have been busy whilst I was sleeping.
A bad response would have been easy. Take it off.
A good response also easy. Leave it on.
Looks like Microsoft are still the enemy.
Buffering times on my computer are 'Explorer 35 secs.' 'Firefox 2 to 3 secs.' 'Oprea 2 to 3 secs.'
The mixed response makes me more determined to make it work.
Thanks again

Ray

mrcracked

Postby mrcracked » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:53 am

your website takes forever to buffer for me also. i use firefox and have a broadband connection.

just as an experiment i opened another firefox window. my home page; CNN.com loaded instantly. i then went to cgsociety.org and navigated to some of their more flash intensive pages. nothing seemed to have any lag at all. i attempted all this while your flash movie was buffering away in the other firefox window. in fact i get more of a lag from firefox when i am moving files across my network then i did while your movie was loading.

usually when i open two instances of firefox that are bandwidth intensive; my computer splits the bandwidth evenly between them. since that did not happen with your website; i am beginning to think it is more of an issue with how the connection is routed to each individual area. it may have something to do with the server, or something as simple as being given a real low bandwidth or switching priority on the world wide spiderweb.

keep in mind i am not an expert. these are just my personal observations.

mark

magnusg

Postby magnusg » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:21 am

Hi there,

Well, it took 3-4 seconds to load with Internet Explorer and 2-3 with Firefox for me.

Yes, Firebox is generally superior to IE.

Blessings!

Magnus

Postby nannybear » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:04 am

Took just under a minute to load from work. Neat looking place!! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:50 am

Ray,

Cool place!!

Both IE and Firefox took about 1 min to load...

Take care,

RayB

Postby RayB » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:07 am

Thanks for all of your efforts.
Whist you over the pond have been sleeping,I have listened to 57Corvette and reduced the file size using SWISH.
Can I ask you good folks to try it again for me.

www.footstepsgambia.com

Ray

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:58 am

Ray

The new version still only takes 2 to 3 secs to start. Advantage is that it is self running and doesn't require a 'click'.

By the way, the booking frame just below has a typo, in that it repeats itself.

We are now taking bookings for exclusive use of the lodge during 2007/8w taking bookings for exclusive use of the lodge during 2007/8
Click here

Brian

Next

Return to ProShow Marketplace