New site design

If you have templates, styles, etc. for sale and you'd like to promote your items please post a link to your own web site here with a description of the items. You will be limited to ONE POST PER WEEK. Posting for other members is not allowed. Follow up responses to posts are not allowed. Any questions or requests must be made in private.
Esteemed Member

New site design

Postby gnj1207 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:33 am

Hi everyone! I wanted to get your opinion on my new website design. I felt it needed it's own Digital Makeover. I also added a flash intro. Any and all feedback is appreciated.
Best of luck,
Julie

Got an eye for ProShow!
www.adigitalmakeover.net

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:45 am

Hi Julie

Just made time for a quick look. That is a great makeover.

Couple of comments. In the photo enhancements is the photo above the two arrows supposed to be a 'rollover'. It is the only one that does not work as one. Second comment, in the slideshows customers could wait for the slideshow to begin. There is no direction to roll the mouse over the menu and click to start.

I'll try and find time to have a closer look, unless someone beats me to it. I'm having a difficult time to get on the forum, the wife has me decoration (painting) the house. Guess what she is out at the moment!

Brian

Postby KellyInAz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:34 am

Love it! So professional. Now I feel the need to update my site, but no time at the moment.

Kelly

Postby nannybear » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:37 am

Great Julie!!!! Only caught a quick look as I am at work, but very nice.....hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Esteemed Member

Postby gnj1207 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:26 am

Thank you to all! Brian, yes the picture was supposed to have a roll-over effect. Not sure why it wasn't working. The codes were all correct so I just uploaded it again and it began to work. About the slideshows- I never thought to add info about hovering the mouse over the menu to start-I just assumed they would click play. I will try to get to that this evening. Thanks for being so thorough-I might have never noticed them. Now get back to that honey-do list. lol
Best of luck,
Julie

Got an eye for ProShow!
www.adigitalmakeover.net

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Tue May 01, 2007 11:23 am

Hi Julie,
Ha, I'm a bit behind in everything, as usual. Loved your site. Very professional looking. Now I know why we have not seen you around the forum in a while. We missed you, glad to see you are doing well. Hope you got settled in your second new home ok'.
Your intro was most impressive!

Good luck to you!
_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue May 01, 2007 12:51 pm

Hi Julie

Painting now nearly finished!

The roll over now works for me on the Photo restoration page.

Just spotted one more on the Home page. The left hand menu items 'Aboutus' should be 'About us'. Just viewed your opening video (skipped it last time :oops: ), that is great.

Brian

Esteemed Member

Postby gnj1207 » Wed May 02, 2007 4:57 pm

Hey Dan! Yes I have been quite busy with the site and yes we have settled in nicely at the new house. We love it. I guess everything happens for a reason. We gained an extra bedroom and bath plus a dining room for the same price. The best part of it was that this one was brand new so we can kind of make it our own. I am staying pretty busy-mostly with photo enhancements for myspace (thanks to my daughter, Ashley, who has generated most of it). I have just started offering candid photography at preschools so I am currently working on getting that added to my site. There must be a million daycares here. Seems like there's one around every corner. Anyways, glad you liked the site. Hopefully I will have time soon to catch up on the forum. Glad to see I haven't been completely forgotten. Take Care!

Brian, got the About Us fixed! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. The smallest mistakes can be easily overlooked when you have been looking at the same thing day in and day out. I'm sure your finished painting by now. Hope it turned out good. Enjoy your free time now because you know, sooner (rather than later) us wives will find something else for our honey's to do. :lol:
Best of luck,
Julie

Got an eye for ProShow!
www.adigitalmakeover.net

Doc Pixel

Re: New site design

Postby Doc Pixel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:58 am

Hi!

New here. Did a search on flash intro and found this post.

I am in the process of designing an intro for a website I am am writing. What was done for the website this post concerns is what I am looking to do. Designing the "commercial/intro" in Proshow Producer is no problem. What I need to know is what method is the best format to create it in (I tried the flash option and really didn't like the quality of it. I want this thing to start playing immediately upon opening the page. How do I do this? What is the process from output to website?

Postby im42n8 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Well, the site looks pretty neat. I did a quick cursory check . . .

1) On the entry tho (the main screen upon entering the site), I'd remove the serifed text for non-serifed. It's MUCH easier to read especially at the small font sizes.
2) Your slideshows are using copyrighted music AND you're using this as an advertisement for what you can do. You're best converting those slideshows' music tracks to something that's not likely to land you in legal hot water! Check out the Digital Juice stuff or some of other music sites that give you permission to use their music as long as you give them credit!
3) Where the heck are you located?!!! That's not even mentioned . . . it would make me wonder about you a bit . . .

Good job on the site tho ... nice!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:34 am

Just took a quick look at your intro and have one suggestion. Can you raise it up a bit so you don't have to scroll down to see it if you're on a 1024 x 768 screen? A majority of your visitors might not have large screens or higher resolutions on their monitors and it just looks a bit messy with the empty black area on top and then having to scroll down to view the intro. Also, it looks like it's a bit off-center just a bit to the right. Just a suggestion. Looks good otherwise.

Mike

Return to ProShow Marketplace