In My Heart (Memorial Style)

If you have templates, styles, etc. for sale and you'd like to promote your items please post a link to your own web site here with a description of the items. You will be limited to ONE POST PER WEEK. Posting for other members is not allowed. Follow up responses to posts are not allowed. Any questions or requests must be made in private.

In My Heart (Memorial Style)

Postby VidQueen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:52 am

Ever been trucking right along and then you see or read something that makes you stop in your tracks?

ProShow user Shaz North posted this quote on her facebook page the other day. As next week will mark the third anniversary of my Step Daughters passing, I literally stopped what I was working on for the past two days (sorry, client!) and created a video for my husband and his ex-wife. One quote turned into a 20 minute video.

For anyone producing Memorials, this quote is a keeper.
- Jennifer

Re: In My Heart (Memorial Style)

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:23 am

Excellent Jennifer !! I wish I had seen this when I did the memorial for my mom some years ago (which was how I got started with Proshow back in version 2 ). Says it perfectly.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby anitaemile » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:29 am

This will make more than just a man cry, it will make all of them cry !

Anita

Postby Oldguy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:48 am

Great work, Yeah, a phone would be nice...............
Guess we will have to live in such a way that we get to see
them again.

Postby VidQueen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm just a sucker for a good quote. Like I said, this one just stopped me in my tracks. My Dad was the first person who was really close to me who passed away (my step daughter died 5 months before I met her Dad, so I only know her through pictures) and I can now really relate to the "hole" that you feel when you just want to hear their voice or give them a hug...just one more time.

Jennifer

Postby ChrissyC » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi Jennifer, well I sat and cried like a baby watching this, having lost my sister last year, and we lost my husbands sister a few months ago, he's in the hospital for his transplant so I'm alone watching this, the tears just poured...
I have watched your memorial show for your step daughter and now these little clips of her..just made me cry!
I loved the quote, the style is wonderful to.
hugggs, Chrissy

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Jennifer . . . I produced a memorial slide show a couple of years ago for a co-worker who died while he and his wife were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii. I was able to include pictures taken during the years he worked for the agency, a video clip and also a voice recording that was used in our automated answering system.

After I completed the show and distributed copies for all the friends and family I received a thank you note from his wife saying she was so appreciative of what I had done and plays the show just to hear his voice.

Your memorial quote is . . . "right on" :wink:

Dan

Postby Anna J » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Jennifer,
Last year I lost my brother who was also my best friend, and I still am not able to delete his email address from my address book. If I could talk to him just one more time....no, one more time would not be enough. This quote brings to mind that old Bear Bryant commercial for AT&T. I didn't appreciate the significance of it way back then, but I sure do now. No reason for us not to call those we love every day. And your quote stopped me in my tracks too.
Anna J
Anna

Postby VidQueen » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:45 am

I guess everyone who is old enough to have lost someone close to them can relate in someway.

My Dad just passed away 6 weeks ago and every time my Step Mom calls me my iPhone displays my Dads name and picture. It takes a couple of rings for me to realize that its my Step Mom using my Dads phone. For a nano second I think that my Dad is calling :cry:

Jennifer

lahazard

Postby lahazard » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:52 am

Absolutely beautiful, Jennifer.

Powerful and moving in it's simplicity.

Louis

Postby im42n8 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:57 pm

Nice Jennifer. It's a very good quote. Nicely put together style. I just lost an uncle 2 days ago (brain tumor). The youngest of 7.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby VidQueen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:25 am

Dale,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. So recent, too.

I hope you and your family can find comfort in each other at this time.

((hug))

Jen

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:00 am

Dale - what Jen says :cry:
It's tough getting to that age where we are losing parents/siblings (I'm there too).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:08 am

Jennifer, so many of us have people who have gone missing from our lives, and with this you've created something to help express the feelings of loss. Wonderfully inspired and wonderfully done!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to ProShow Marketplace