FPVP Style Bundlet Carousels III Release

If you have templates, styles, etc. for sale and you'd like to promote your items please post a link to your own web site here with a description of the items. You will be limited to ONE POST PER WEEK. Posting for other members is not allowed. Follow up responses to posts are not allowed. Any questions or requests must be made in private.

FPVP Style Bundlet Carousels III Release

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:50 am

This bundlet contains 6 carousel styles in both a full and simple variations. A Full carousel is self-contained in a single slide which displays all of its images. A simple carousel uses multiple slides to create a carousel capable of displaying many images and may be used to extend the display of the Full carousel. There is only one image rotation per slide in this type of carousel.

Two of the carousels are for landscape images (previously released in Volume 5) and four are portrait carousels (not previously released).

Slide styles in aspect ratios of 4:3 (TV/standard definition) and 16:9 (widescreen) are provided

YouTube Version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE12jYIQxB8
http://www.fenimorephotovideos.com/PSP/ (click on the right arrow to the right of the carousel to view the demo for this bundlet)

Photodex Share Site
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=155201
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

lahazard

Re: FPVP Style Bundlet Carousels III Release

Postby lahazard » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Hello Dale,

I really like the 4 new additions (already have and am using the ones from bundle #5) and am looking forward to the release of Bundle #6!

Louis

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Thanx Louis,

Just when I think I've got the selections figured out something else comes up that seems to make a better addition. It takes time to put them all together and then fine tune them so they are as good as I can get them. I kinda got sidetracked with the carousels releases. I originally planned for only 2 but those other 4 were just something I couldn't pass on for a carousel release.

So now, with the limited time available to me right now, my spare moments are NOT finding me in front of the boob tube (except for necessary breaks . . . then it's Heroes or Sanctuary or the like!). Hopefully within the next 2 or 3 weeks I can get Vol 6 out. No promises tho. A murphy's law states something like any schedule you come up with is actually 2 or 3 times longer than expected (significant paraphrasing there!).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

lahazard

Postby lahazard » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Actually it's a good thing for my budget if it takes you awhile longer to finalize the bundle! :)

Over the next few weeks I have budgeted things in order to get Dave's three programs, as well as a few other items I've had my eye on.

I really am very thankful for all of the creative folks here within this forum, such as yourself, who have made both learning and using Producer an exciting adventure. I had no idea where all of this would take me when I first set foot on this path back in late summer 2008.

Louis

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:40 am

I got into this business when I started looking for a program to make a memorial for the mother-in-law who was slowly dying from complications related to a stroke. I wanted to make a fitting memorial to her. Little did I know what I'd learn in the process. I started out with Gold and quickly went to Producer. There were no books out there, no learning materials, just persistence and three forums (two on Yahoo and this one) to help make the process easier.

All of this stuff was new to me... although I did know how to manipulate/repair photos pretty well. Learning how to create the slideshow was a completely different process for me. Feedback from folks here was very helpful. There was a lot of trial and error. When keyframes came out with version 3 it was like starting out from scratch again. Also, learning how the masks were used in Producer was an interesting challenge. Still, there were no other resources but these 3 forums.

Today, there's somewhat of a more eclectic collection of materials from which to chose to make a slide show. Templates helped many learn how to use some of the features that PSP offered but there were still somewhat difficult to use when it came to developing a show. Today, with styles, the process has become almost painless. The styles can be a great learning tool but the can also take what used to be a 2 week process in creating a show down to just a few days in the hands of an accomplished slideshow developer.

That's where a few of us came from ... and now we're helping people (who don't have much knowledge of how to use the program to create show) make a quality product in a much shorter time without requiring an in-depth knowledge of the the program.

Have fun, and enjoy!

Dale

Postby anitaemile » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:07 am

Dale,
Although I started making more templates than styles, it is now the opposite. That's because Producer has made significant changes and my Producer program does no longer hang up, or send out their gremlins whenever I try to save a style. It's now all done in a wink, and storing and retrieving styles are so easy. Also, creating styles and putting those up for sale does not require building photo/ image folders . It just is such a pain in the .. when you made some changes somewhere in your photo files and later come to find out one of your templates is missing some image all of a sudden. Too much archiving ... Sometimes a bit cumbersome when using many layers though.

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:34 am

While the process of making and managing styles has been vastly improved and the stability of the program relative to working with the styles has also improved, PSP still disappears on me now and then when I'm working on them. It's nowhere near the problem that it was.

Yes, working with templates is more time consuming than with styles. It all takes time and effort but templates take up much more time and effort than styles . . . at least in the areas that mean anything. And, I don't have to worry about placeholder images (or provide my images) as much in styles than in templates. The styles take care of that automatically for me (well, so far).

I need a faster computer too. I'm doing more complicated stuff and find myself with over 25 layers on a slide pretty quickly on some of these styles!

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby silverfox » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:02 pm

Great - again one word "Fantabulous"

silverfox

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:20 pm

In spite of your time constraints, Dale, I'd say you are on one great big roll! Excellent work, and the proof of this is that the styles don't overwhelm the pictures. They shine, and the styles add to that shine rather than distract from it, which is something I've found happens with a number of the styles to come out of Photodex.

Keep up the hard work.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to ProShow Marketplace