Styles Bundle Volume 2 for PSP v4

If you have templates, styles, etc. for sale and you'd like to promote your items please post a link to your own web site here with a description of the items. You will be limited to ONE POST PER WEEK. Posting for other members is not allowed. Follow up responses to posts are not allowed. Any questions or requests must be made in private.
Valued Member

Re: Styles Bundle Volume 2 for PSP v4

Postby Harry » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:51 am

Dale,
You have done it again. This is a great bundle you have created. I am sure I will use all of them at some point. Keep them coming and we will keep our credit cards out and waiting.

Harry

Postby kabeeo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:15 am

Outstanding Dale. Love the various rollups. Will definitely DL over the next few days. Thanks for your hard work.
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:18 am

Fact: Dale, you've done an outstanding job with this set. Favorite: rolling up the pictures.

Opinion: It bothers me in some dark region of my brain for people's shows to be running ads for Photodex instead of members such as you, Mona, Iris, Jennifer, and of course, me. Makes me even crankier than normal. :evil:

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:54 am

Hi Photobob,
I am glad that I am not alone in this phycomania!!!! I love all the different styles from various people and appreciate their efforts. I know that I could not even begin to produce the quality of work offered by our clever forum members.

Rosemary

Postby Ron » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:04 am

Opinion: It bothers me in some dark region of my brain for people's shows to be running ads for Photodex instead of members such as you, Mona, Iris, Jennifer, and of course, me.

BarbaraC
Sorry but could you explain what you meant from the above for some reason I didn't get the drift, sort of speak.
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:13 am

Ron, I was referring to using Photodex's accessory packages such as styles that they sell. I see everyone rushing to buy the new style pack, which is most definitely a good one, but it will cut into the business to one extent or another of the little people. Kind of like Walmart moving into town and sucking customers away from local business. I know, it's an emotional reaction, not a logical one, and that's why I referred to it as coming from some dark region of my brain.

Barbara

Postby Ron » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:22 am

Thanks Barbara originally it just went zoom...right over my head, Thanks for the clarity - I gotcha now!!
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 am

Thanx Barbara!

Those roll-down/roll-ups weren't as simple to do (so they'd look right) as I thought they might be. However, what I learned from them helped me get the work done on the page curl effect!

Like Ron, I was wondering about what you meant too! :o

WRT Photodex's offering, their styles are useful in some venues I think. Overall, they're more oriented toward glitz and wow than utility in my mind. That means, to me, that they're more difficult to use right/correctly/appropriately/tastefully (whatever) in a show. Many folk are initially drawn by the wow! factor. There is a utility for their styles tho ... I just don't think it's a generalized thing.

They have a few styles (only in their latest offering tho), however that, to me, offer some potential utility I might want to use in a show of mine... but with modifications.

That said, all of the style offerings so far provided that I'm aware of do not really overlap much in the kind of offerings they are. Each has a completely different approach. I thought the first package Photodex had was a bit on the simple side (for the most part). I think of this latest package to be more on the marketing or advertising side of things (vs the everyday type of user).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:45 am

Barbera, Dale, Iris, Jennifer and the other good folks who share their talents,

If I may throw my two cents worth in here? My fear as an end user, is that you guys will start making Styles, photoframes etc for Photodex. (someone must be making them, right?) and we will lose you to them. I for one would be very sorry because I am enjoying the diversity of the goods you all offer.

Rosemary

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:49 am

Dale, you and I are of like mind about Photodex's new style pack. I believe the same as you that it has its place, mostly in a commercial venue, and I fear that, for a while anyway, we're going to see people's grandmas flying across the screen. :D

Rosemary, I value my independence, and I'll bet the others feel that way too.

Barbara

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:23 am

While Photodex appreciates the efforts we make to improve their product (they've been impressed by some of the analyses done by some of us beta testers. The approach was both technical and creative ... and surprised them ... in showing the problem).

I sincerely doubt they're going to do more than offer us some "thanx" for our efforts. About the only one I know of that's working for Photodex and is still free-lancing it is Jennifer.

WRT their styles, however, they develop their own (they "borrowed" some ideas from Jennifer ... :? ). In this latest case, I suspect their styles developers are arts majors (or equivalent) who aren't exactly in touch with building (real) slide shows. They (Photodex) are perfectly capable of developing their own styles and such ... just from a unique perspective. Those of us who've been developing shows have a pretty darned good understanding of how the program operates and what it can/can't do (at least in most areas). I don't think Photodex is looking to compete with us (who create add-on material for PSP/PSG) in this arena yet (I don't even think they really notice us... we aren't but flies on the windshield, so to speak). So, they aren't paying attention to us. Like I said, I doubt they'll extend any type of offer to us unless they really need help.

We're safe! (for the time being). Like Barbara, my independence is valued! I can develop (or not!) as I will!(at least while I've got the time! :D ).

(hmmm ... grandma's flying across the screen!.... must be a must see! :D :D )

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:31 am

Rosemary wrote:Barbera, Dale, Iris, Jennifer and the other good folks who share their talents,
If I may throw my two cents worth in here? My fear as an end user, is that you guys will start making Styles, photoframes etc for Photodex. (someone must be making them, right?) and we will lose you to them. I for one would be very sorry because I am enjoying the diversity of the goods you all offer.
Rosemary

Rosemary, I understand that I am one of the "others" :D so I take the liberty of answering:
Don't hold your breath on that one.
From what I've seen of the Photodex' styles (vol 1, and vol 2), they are not ashamed of "borrowing" some of our stuff, change them a bit, and present it as their own.
So, why would they need us if they already have us for free?

Dale, Barbara,
About the latest Photodex's Pack:
I guess I learned something from them, and that is "don't think so much of the user, think on how it will look and how it will impress".
Up until now, in all my styles and templates I was thinking how to make it easier for someone to understand the workings of Producer, how to make it easier for him/her to modify the stuff, how not to complicate things.
Well, I see no such thoughts on the part of Photodex. Some of their styles are so bloated with masks, shadows, reflections, changing backgrounds, replacing pictures.... that I wonder if anyone in his right mind would ever attempt to modify anything except perhaps the time of the slide itself.
So, yes, I agree with you Barbara and Dale - I also fear that " for a while anyway, we're going to see people's grandmas flying across the screen". :D

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:43 am

Mona,
Thank you for posting. I was out taking a picture of my peonies which are just starting to bloom. My intention is to use your colour games style for the picture. It then hit me that I did not include your name - sooo sorry. You know that I am one of your biggest fans. We must have ESP or something!

Rosemary

Postby psychogramma » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:36 pm

Godd day to all,

This is a double edged sword, ya know. I have purchased from both Dale and Barbara. Appreciate and really like what I have gotten. The Photodex packs have not pushed any of my buttons. If I remember right in pack one there was one style I thought I might enjoy and maybe use, but only the one for 19.95.. no, thank you. My grandmother would not like to fly.

That said, imho, (getting ready to duck and run now in case Barbara is still "crankier than normal"lol) there would be no market for the products you folks offer if there were no Photodex.

There will always be the "little" folks. LONG LIVE the independent producers!

On the other hand, Photodex does seem to have its own group of advertisers who are quick to post the "show me" show and rave about the product and continue to rave about it. In the future I will RAVE more and louder for those I suport. *sigh, can not promise a "special show" as I am just not a producer and my photography is nothing to brag about.

You all keep doing the great work you are doing (crossovers included). We may not be the greatest advertisers, but we truly do appreciate your very talented work and fine offerings.

Be well and enjoy ALL!
Cathy

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:52 pm

psychogramma wrote:That said, imho, (getting ready to duck and run now in case Barbara is still "crankier than normal"lol) there would be no market for the products you folks offer if there were no Photodex.

Cathy, you just defied all logic! :lol:

Barbara

PreviousNext

Return to ProShow Marketplace