New Member / New Website

If you have templates, styles, etc. for sale and you'd like to promote your items please post a link to your own web site here with a description of the items. You will be limited to ONE POST PER WEEK. Posting for other members is not allowed. Follow up responses to posts are not allowed. Any questions or requests must be made in private.
bschroed

New Member / New Website

Postby bschroed » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:56 am

I have been using ProShow for several years to make slideshows for Scouting events, mostly Eagle Scout Courts of Honor. The shows have always been well received, so I thought I'd try to branch out and see where it goes.

My website is http://soaringeagledvd.com. If you have any comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: New Member / New Website

Postby Anna J » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:29 am

Brian,

Welcome to the forum!

Your website looks very nice. It is easy to navigate and your sample shows played fine. My only suggestion is to make the text color a little darker. Some of us no longer have eagle eyes. :D

Good luck with your new endeavor!

Anna
Anna

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:55 am

Hello, I too, wanted to say welcome and good luck with your business!
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Postby Ron » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:47 am

Hey Brian
Welcome to the forum!! You'll find a wealth of information as you peruse the older post. Good luck with your business and since you asked for comments I'll give you two.
First your contact page doesn't show correctly, the menu area seems to drop below the bottom edge of page. A little tweaking is necessary.
Secondly I would advise you to try to get your business name & services out to the public in many, many ways besides your website. I find that although a website does draw a little business, it doesn't generate the number of clients that one might expect. I find it works more as a convenience for those clients that you've attracted in other ways. I've encountered a couple of people who thought once they created a website that the money will roll in. Just like any business you need a plan, what do you expect to earn and how will you get there - a business plan - sophisticated or not.
Anyway thats my two cents IMHO, again welcome and feel free to interact here. The members are really a great bunch of people, some are experts in this field as well, and most are willing to help whenever possible.
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Return to ProShow Marketplace