Styles Bundle for PSP v4

If you have templates, styles, etc. for sale and you'd like to promote your items please post a link to your own web site here with a description of the items. You will be limited to ONE POST PER WEEK. Posting for other members is not allowed. Follow up responses to posts are not allowed. Any questions or requests must be made in private.

Re: Styles Bundle for PSP v4

Postby becky_calif » Tue May 12, 2009 6:35 am

I bought your bundle and am delighted with it. You're always so helpful in answering questions and generous in sharing your styles and templates. This opens the door for one to ask that you incorporate a style/template in the next bundle release you have instead of the tacky question of, can you share it with the group. That being said, can you add the up and down roll up transitions to your next bundle? lol

Instead of Photodex copying the talent of many in this group, they'd be wiser employing you and others and stamping their name to your creativity.

Becky
Becky

Postby im42n8 » Tue May 12, 2009 6:49 am

Thanx Becky!

Yep, the rollup (and perhaps a few variations) are already slated for the next bundle! :)

Thanx for your support! :D :D

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Tue May 12, 2009 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby VidQueen » Tue May 12, 2009 6:57 am

I already wrote Dale privately, but I wanted to say publicly that...

Dale is the man!! :D :D

I tried several times (very unsuccessfully) to come up with a page peel. no go. Dale's is incredible looking and very easy to use.

*Tip O' the Hat to you, Dale!

I think this shows, without a doubt, that there is plenty of room for anyone who wants to market their slide styles. Everyone has their own unique talents. So far, I've seen very little similarity in styles that are being sold by this little group (no comment on Photodex's style pack).

Creativity is Infinate. Just remember to have fun :D

Jennifer

Postby im42n8 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:21 am

Thanx Jennifer!

I don't know what got me to do the page curl ... I do know that someone back in the v2 days created a page curl transition for use between slides. I thought that was unique! I since adapted it for use in a layer transition. I've used that same technique in some of my stuff. If you look at the tutorial on duplicating a double alpha transition (from Digital Juice) effect, you can see how it was done.

Anyway probably something someone said led me to work on a more realistic page curl. It turned out that the task was not quite as simple as I thought it might be. So I dug my heels in and worked at it. It's still not as good as you'll get in programs like Premiere Pro ... but it works pretty very well for slide shows (especially if you vary the speed of the effect!)!

I agree with the styles that are available for purchase ... there's very little overlap. Each set of styles has its own particular focus. It shows that there's lots of room for other offerings ...

I really do appreciate all the great feedback!

Have fun everyone!

Dale

Valued Member

Postby Harry » Thu May 14, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks for creating these styles Dale. I just purchased them and now want to come up with a show to use them with. They are all great. Keep up the good work.

Harry

Postby im42n8 » Fri May 15, 2009 6:34 am

Thanx Harry!

Yep, I've used them all (except for the two portrait page curl ones ... and they're derivatives of another one I use.)! They worked well for me! Hope they do so for you too!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby newtcruiser » Fri May 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Great work Dale. I love them and am on my way to purchase. Good luck and keep them coming. I love having others do the brain work for me.

Linda :lol:

Postby im42n8 » Fri May 15, 2009 7:25 pm

Thanx Linda!

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun working with them ... and customizing them when needed for your shows!

Yep, Photodex really helped us all out when it came to adding the styles capability. It made it much simpler and less time consuming for me to do some of my work ... I no longer had to tweak as much!

I sure appreciated using them!

Enjoy!

Dale

Postby im42n8 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:29 pm

OK, folks. I've made a few changes and have now included a PSH file, including any graphics files, for those folks who have not upgraded to Producer v4.

So, if you're using v3.x or later, you should be able to use the PSH template file (I've only tested the PSH file with v3.2). Each slide is the counterpart of the v4 Slide Styles. However, because I had to make some compensation for the lack of a few features found in v4, some of the effects in the PSH slides may be slightly different. However, the effects are all substantially the same.

Version 4 has blurring, rotation center change, and modifiers. So, I had to compensate with changing opacity, and some keyframing foot work to manage the effects with modifiers. Rotation center changes I fudged!

So, if you're interested in the styles but couldn't get them because you haven't yet upgraded to PSPv4, now you can get substantially all of those same effects as in the styles w/o using styles! Also, if you DO upgrade eventually to PSP v4.x at some future date, you will have the Styles as well (no need to "upgrade").

The PSH files (one for SD and one for HD) and any associated graphics are located in its own ZIP file within the Styles ZIP archive. You'll extract that ZIP file and then extract the contents to a location of your choice. From there, you treat them like you would any other show!

Dale

Postby HunnyB » Fri May 22, 2009 4:50 am

These are FABULOUS! You are just too talented for your britches. :lol:
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby cherub » Fri May 22, 2009 10:44 am

Hi Dale,

OK, folks. I've made a few changes and have now included a PSH file, including any graphics files, for those folks who have not upgraded to Producer v4.

The idea sounds familiar !!
Where have I seen this before? :D :D :D :D

Postby Funtolearn » Fri May 22, 2009 5:31 pm

Wow! how did I miss these. They are wonderful, thanks for making them available!
LOL I have a shaky rule of do it myself but I may have to weaken on these. :lol:
Muriel

Postby im42n8 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:37 pm

Mona,

I got to thinking about those folk who hadn't upgraded yet and were waiting until a bit more stability and other such issues had been worked out. I've never really been a fan of templates ... tho I used them now and then. I preferred to copy the effect from one or more slides in a show I'd set up to hold those effects (or I copied from a show in which I'd used them). Then too, some folks were having problems with those things so I was further disinclined to use them. Heck, they weren't much different from a regular show anyway. So, I put place-holder graphics in place vs my own photos. The problem is trying to create a suitable substitute for when I'd used a v4 function. Modifiers is the worst. I can usually figure something out for the blur. Rotation center changes I just had to effectively ignore! :?

Muriel,

You can definitely take a gander at creating some of those styles! Heck, I have been of the same mind for quite a while (as far as effects and such go). However, some of those puppies take quite awhile to create and work the bugs out ... simple they aren't! Once I'd developed those guys, it was copy copy copy for me (reuse is great!)! They were very time consuming to create from scratch (not everything works out the first time through)... working with an already created one for my show helped alot (and so they became part of my repertoire of reusable effects)! Some of the effects look pretty simple to create ... until you try to do it yourself. I tried that out too. Tried to develop one of the page curls again from scratch and had to go back and refresh myself on how I'd done it (the one with the portrait behind the full page curl)! They're of the type where you've got to give it some thought! :)

But, if you DID invest in them, I KNOW you'd not regret it! :D

Dale

Previous

Return to ProShow Marketplace