Can't kill the audio

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"
Esteemed Member

Postby JC » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:44 pm

Okay, checked the task manager and pxplay.exe does continue to run after I close the presenter window (just one copy). Ending that does kill the audio. So now the question is: howcome audio ended automatically on window close in the past (and as it does on my machine in the office) and now it requires surgical intervention? I spent too many nights cramming for physics exams to just write it off to gremlins!

Thanks,

Jeff

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:36 am

I don't know but if you want my workaround here it is....not really a work around but it works :lol:

If you are watching a show from the Photodex site, and you want to get out of it without the sound probem, simply click on one of the links at the top of the Presenter viewer, like Downloads, or Products, or any of the links. Works for me. Could be a browser problem. I don't know. It happens alot on my XP IE6 rig..but not on my Vista rig.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

How to KIll the Audio

Postby texan » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:05 am

My solution (and it works) is to click on the BACK BUTTON just above the show....BEFORE you kill the show.................

Pressing the back button kills the aduio for me.........THEN I kill the show

Cheers
Texan

Postby srq102 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:30 am

Sorry to repeat myself :) but did you ever try running chkdisk yet? Also maybe check for updates for Internet Explorer and delete the files in your temporary files folder. I use the latest version of Internet Explorer and have had no sound issue like you described.
I know these kinds of things are frustrating but sometimes it's the simplist things that are causing the problem.

Good Luck,
Rick G

Previous

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting