what format should I be using?

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Producer. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

what format should I be using?

Postby debra roehn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:10 pm

I have complete some demos for my web site but for some reason I can not get them to work. There are so many opions to out put...I am so new at this. Flsh, Video, AVI, WMv etc.

I used the windows movie player opion but is was so hazy. Then I tried the mpeg4 that worked great in my web site builder but when I published it, it takes so long before the show would start up...there are just so many opions, please help.

debbie

Esteemed Member

Postby pwholmes » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:21 pm

You'll have to do some experimenting. If you do a WMV or flash with a bit-rate of 512K to 768K people with a DSL or cable modem should be able to stream it easily. Unfortunately you just won't get the quality of the ProShow plugin. That's your best bet for a high quality show. If you convert to a streaming format people have to download the whole file at 24 or 30 frames per second to see the motion, whereas the ProShow plugin downloads the media (pictures) and instructions for the show on how to present the motion, special effects, fades, etc.

On the ProShow site there's a page that explains how to use the ProShow Presenter on your own web page (http://www.photodex.com/support/resources/t764825.html). Somewhere in this forum I've also seen instructions on how to upload your show to the Photodex site and then have it streamed to your own web page.

Return to PSP - Troubleshooting